PDA

View Full Version : a question for our older members

dunderheed
29-May-07, 17:47
im fast approaching 40 (next january) today i got my nipple peirced, am i having a mid- life crisis ??

oh and for anyone interested im getting another tattoo this weekend. this time its a 1950's pinup and its going on my leg

forgot to mention , as yet i have had no urges to buy a boat /motorbike/ convertible

Tugmistress
29-May-07, 18:12
They say life begins at 40, well i am a few months in and have seen no change :confused maybe i ought to do something like get another tatt :D

I don't think you have hit 'mid life crisis' you are just happy and satisfied with yourself and have reached the age where peer pressure doesn't apply anymore lol

well, that's my theory and i'm sticking to it!

j4bberw0ck
29-May-07, 19:07
You'll know a mid-life crisis when it hits you. The urge to buy a Harley Davidson, stack-heel boots, a pair of leather pants, a CHiPs-style helmet and a pair of mirrored "aviator" sunglasses will become, apparently, irresistible. Then you'll do something really dumb like hacking the sleeves off a denim jacket and attaching chains to it. And then you'll do about 200 miles year posing because the bike's too agricultural, too slow and too uncomfortable to go anywhere on. :lol:

percy toboggan
29-May-07, 19:14
You'll know a mid-life crisis when it hits you. The urge to buy a Harley Davidson, stack-heel boots, a pair of leather pants, a CHiPs-style helmet and a pair of mirrored "aviator" sunglasses will become, apparently, irresistible. Then you'll do something really dumb like hacking the sleeves off a denim jacket and attaching chains to it. And then you'll do about 200 miles year posing because the bike's too agricultural, too slow and too uncomfortable to go anywhere on. :lol:

Or....you might save about five grand and buy a Japanese equivalent. Not quite the same of course but you'll save money, they are superior machines, and few of them will rust away before your very eyes. Thereby holding it's value for when you get fed up of it.

MadPict
29-May-07, 19:52
Think I would rather tackle my mid life crisis by buying a bike rather than getting a tattoo or having parts pierced.

The only pain involved then is swallowing the depreciation should I decide it was not such a good idea........

Actually, I just realised, I have now passed my midpoint - no crisis...

horseman
30-May-07, 00:00
[quote=dunderheed;227977]im fast approaching 40 (next january) today i got my nipple peirced, am i having a mid- life crisis ??

oh and for anyone interested im getting another tattoo this weekend. this time its a 1950's pinup and its going on my leg

forgot to mention , as yet i have had no urges to buy a boat /motorbike/ convertible[/

Super,today a nipple tomorrow??? can think of several contenders for the piccey, an hold on to your hat, the bike urge is bound to come!It's only my wife that is holding me back.. Yea she is there in the pecking order..:)

Lolabelle
30-May-07, 05:58
I passed 40 with no real apparent side effects. I did get a new bedroom suite and I want to travel. But I don't think these things are anything to do with my age. No tat's though, I just cant get beyond worrying about what they will look like when I get old and wrinkly.

Ricco
30-May-07, 06:23
Went through my 40's OK - no wierd urges apart from wanting to go out for a good curry. :D

JimH
30-May-07, 11:57
I'm well into my 60s, and have still got the Motorbyke, As bits drop off, we just stick them on again, and I don't think I dare add any holes to my body, I have enough trouble with the ones already there.
Am I still having a midlife crisis???

Angela
30-May-07, 12:44
How old do we have to be before we can say we've avoided a midlife crisis, I wonder? :confused

I don't care so much about what people think as I used to, so I'm probably more, erm..... eccentric than I was when I was younger....but is that a sign of a mid-life crisis, or just the approach of old age? :eek:

weeboyagee
30-May-07, 13:07
Mid life crisis at the age of 40 ohhh hahahahahaha,....oh,....hahahahaha - you must be kidding! I turned 40 last year and I am absolutely certain my age is now going backwards in terms of how I feel and how I act!

Life definitely begins at 40 - but at this rate I'll burn out before I'm 50.

Nipple piercing and tatoos - nup - nope - not for me and if any of my nieces, nephews, or especially the oldest lad of a certain mate of mine even THINKS about it there'll be heck on!!!! What an old fogie I am eh???? :p

WBG :cool:

scotty_mags
30-May-07, 13:57
Well when I hit my 40's mmmmcouple yrs ago now !!!!! I got myslef my 1st tatoo !!!!!!!!! & bought a little jeep to run around in !!!!

I love being in my 40's.....nothing better....

orkneylass
30-May-07, 15:19

Oh Jabberwock! Fancy implying that you are only in your 40's and that your BMW touring bike is NOT part of a mid-life crisis!

Solus
30-May-07, 17:09
Mid life crisis ? so what, to me it means not giving a damn about careers, keeping up with the Jones, worked like a dog up until now..... so if it is a mid life crisis send it on, i am enjoying life, more time with people i care about, more time to enjoy life.

The harley is taking it a bit far though and as for BMW well................ jabberwock and mareng be slagging me shortly........

veekay
30-May-07, 17:13
I take size five and a half shoes and act my shoe size. 40 is nothing from now on it only gets better. Good on you do as you feel, as long as you hurt no one, go for it.

Blazing Sporrans
30-May-07, 17:28
Mrs BS refuses to be 40 - she says she's 35 and 60 months [lol] [lol]

j4bberw0ck
30-May-07, 20:01
Oh Jabberwock! Fancy implying that you are only in your 40's

I implied nothing of the sort. I was referring to mid-life crises whenever they occur.

j4bberw0ck
30-May-07, 20:04
The harley is taking it a bit far though and as for BMW well................ jabberwock and mareng be slagging me shortly........

Oi! I agree having a Harley is stretching things too far. Hardly Movingson........:lol:

Solus
30-May-07, 20:42
What ever Mareng says, i deny it ok !:o

canuck
30-May-07, 20:45
I sailed throught that mid-life thing without a hint of a crisis, not even a longing for a curry.

But now I am frightened. When I was volunteering over the porridge pot at Iona, one of the guests refered to me as that 40 year old American woman. Maybe the crisis is still ahead of me!

Angela
30-May-07, 20:52
Glad to see you got home safely, canuck! :D

Sporran
30-May-07, 21:52
Crisis? What Crisis? Whoops, that's the name of an album by Supertramp, from 1975! Some right catchy tunes on there, I must say!

Well they say life begins at 40, but I think it begins at 50! ;)

Glad to see you got home safely too, Canuck! :D

horseman
30-May-07, 22:51
Come to think of it,my mid life chrisis came when I reached 60,youngest daughter taught me to ride...First time I got into the saddle and looked down, I thought bloody hell thats a long down,the chrisis was going thru' with it..No strange esotheroc thoughts, just getting on with it..Not easy when you know how vernerable you are..And "her indoors" is offering "don't be so bloody silly! yea, thats a chrisis all right. All good fun in the end thou'.:)

Ricco
02-Jun-07, 20:33
I sailed throught that mid-life thing without a hint of a crisis, not even a longing for a curry.

But now I am frightened. When I was volunteering over the porridge pot at Iona, one of the guests refered to me as that 40 year old American woman. Maybe the crisis is still ahead of me!

A curry - now you're talking! Best thing to fix anything - hotter the better. Had my 40th at an Indian restaurant - my mate was more upset about his midlife crisis and he hadn't even reached it yet! :lol:

karia
02-Jun-07, 21:41
It's just a question of realising how little time we have left & being judicious
about the way we 'spend it'.

Brave is great.

stupid, is still stupid

A curry on the other hand,..is a great meal ! :)

Karia

crayola
03-Jun-07, 00:25
I had a piercing. Probably not allowed to type the word here! :eek: