Tugmistress
28-May-07, 22:02
Mine is from a Roman family name and means 'small' or 'humble'

Fluff
28-May-07, 22:07
mine orginated from Greece and means 'crown'

Angela
28-May-07, 22:12
My real first name is of Persian origin and means "myrtle leaf".

But as I don't like it, I use my middle name, Angela, which is Greek, and means "heavenly messenger" .....apparently....

karia
29-May-07, 00:56
my real first name means ' princess'.

how insightful....:roll:

..I remain, yours,...karia. xxx

brandy
29-May-07, 08:53
well brandy is pretty self explanitory...

porshiepoo
29-May-07, 09:03
My name, Linda means "Pretty one" in Spanish (Awwwww), "Black haired one" in Greek (I am dark haired, almost black) and "Serpent" in German (Hmmmm)

My daughter Leanne means "Goddess of canoe makers" (Eek!) and is hawaiian. Stacey means "Resurrection" and is Greek and hubby wayne means "wagon maker" and is old English.

Tubthumper
29-May-07, 15:11
My right name means 'a hill' in Irish gaelic. However my .org name means 'thumper of tubs'.
Personally I prefer the latter as I have no idea what the first means.

rfr10
29-May-07, 15:13
My name, Robin.. means.. .. a type of bird .. :confused It originates from England..Woooo...:confused

rfr10
29-May-07, 15:16
Oh wait.. I went to another website and it says this..

The meaning of the name Robin is Bright Fame

The origin of the name Robin is English

Oddquine
29-May-07, 15:46
My first name is from greek and means pearl and my second, the one I use is a variant of one of hebrew derivation and means grace.

And anyone less like a graceful pearl I have yet to meet! :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
29-May-07, 16:57
My name, Linda means "Pretty one" in Spanish (Awwwww), "Black haired one" in Greek (I am dark haired, almost black) and "Serpent" in German (Hmmmm)

Thanks Porshie I now know what my name means.

Elenna
29-May-07, 18:03
My first name is from the Italian for 'lady', and my middle name is Irish and means 'shining' or 'radiant'...and my online name uses elements from the spelling of both of those and means 'the pathway to the stars'. :)

jekyll n hyde
29-May-07, 18:23
my name apparently is a biblical one:eek: ....in hebrew it means BEE....having said that i quite agree with it...my parents named me well.....i never sit down always on the go...lol

donnalee1994
29-May-07, 19:02
My real name Amanda means lovable an is an english name :)

mccaugm
29-May-07, 22:00
Mine is from a Roman family name and means 'small' or 'humble'

Your parents must have been very astute as that describes you almost to a T...LOL!

My name means "of the sea"...pretty bad choice on my parents behalf as I am a pretty rubbish swimmer...

Victoria
29-May-07, 22:03
My name means Victory too.

WeeBurd
29-May-07, 22:44
Named after a wee bushy flower, not even a foreign exotic one, thanks Mum [lol] !

Kenn
29-May-07, 23:02
Don't use my first name, think my parents had a problem when they named myself and my two sisters, Joy, Felicity and Faith.....could have been worse, might have been Faith,Hope and Charity!
The second name that I do use is of biblical origin and means, the one that walks tall.
My daughter is called Kerenza which translates from the celtic as, "The child that is loved."

porshiepoo
29-May-07, 23:22
Just found out my middle name means "Rose" :D My favourite flower.

horseman
29-May-07, 23:41
Don't use my first name, think my parents had a problem when they named myself and my two sisters, Joy, Felicity and Faith.....could have been worse, might have been Faith,Hope and Charity!
The second name that I do use is of biblical origin and means, the one that walks tall.
My daughter is called Kerenza which translates from the celtic as, "The child that is loved."

lllllllLove the karenza lizz more used to it as carenza from the lassie on time team, but if I was young enough to have have a little one again, (don't tell jo please), I mean about the young enough not the little one,:) that would be a super name.:D

Metalattakk
30-May-07, 01:09
The wife's name translates from the old Roman as "She, whose bosoms defy gravity".

Mine comes from the old Gaelic "He who drinks like a fish", apparently.

[lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
30-May-07, 06:09
Means "good" in Edinburgh slang.

Sporran
30-May-07, 06:59
My first name is from the Italian for 'lady', and my middle name is Irish and means 'shining' or 'radiant'...and my online name uses elements from the spelling of both of those and means 'the pathway to the stars'. :)

You've already found the pathway to one star, Elenna - movie star Ewan McGregor! :cool:

Elenna
30-May-07, 11:20
HeeHee...I hadn't thought about it that way, Sporran, but...true! ;)

:lol:!!!

floyed
30-May-07, 12:22
My first name is English and means lively, happy and joyful. My other half's is Gaelic and means attractive. My son's name is Gaelic and means handsome.

candyfloss
30-May-07, 13:06
My name is french, and means " to protect "

weeboyagee
30-May-07, 13:13
My name means "Councilor, Mighty Protector, Wise Guardian" :rolleyes:

WBG :cool:

M.Funkenstein
30-May-07, 13:20
Mine's is Germanic and means "Bright Fame".:cool:

Angela
30-May-07, 13:24
Realise we lumbered the girls with first names meaning "industrious & eager" and "noble & exalted" . Deary me! :eek:

My son's first name means "twin" and his middle name means "farmer" -strange, since he isn't a twin, and hasn't turned out to be a farmer either....:roll:

gothlife420
30-May-07, 15:40
louis is my name and it is frew

rfr10
30-May-07, 18:20
Mine's is Germanic and means "Bright Fame".:cool:

:O mines means bright fame aswell..As I've said.

Fantoosh
30-May-07, 19:49
Mine is Hebrew, Greek and Assyrian and means:

cow
weary one
gald tidings
mistress
ruler

:lol: i bet a few people would agreed to a few of them :lol:

George Brims
30-May-07, 21:33
My first name means "farmer" and my second means I am a teuchter from Caithness! Sort of redundant actually...

Actually Brims comes from an old Norse word 'brimmis' meaning the white foam on a wave. Any place with that name might be a good spot to surf - the proof being this year's O'Neill Highland Open!

Lolabelle
31-May-07, 00:10
Lola is spanish, Little woman
My first name is Paula and is latin meaning small
my second in Jane which is hebrew for gracious and merciful.
Unfortunately I am not a little woman or small as for gracious and merciful, well I hope so, but some might beg to differ....:eek:

Malcolmdog
04-Jun-07, 01:48
A recently created name, probably intended to mean "good spear" from Welsh rhon "spear" and da "good", but possibly influenced by the name of the Rhondda Valley in South Wales, which means "noisy".

hmm don't know which I would like to be: spearlike / good / or just noisy.

WBG do NOT answer this one!!! It is a loooooong walk from the airport to my house!!!

I think I like the definition of my org name better:

From Scottish Mael Coluim which means "disciple of Saint COLUMBA"...

canuck
04-Jun-07, 02:49
A recently created name, probably intended to mean "good spear" from Welsh rhon "spear" and da "good", but possibly influenced by the name of the Rhondda Valley in South Wales, which means "noisy".

hmm don't know which I would like to be: spearlike / good / or just noisy.

WBG do NOT answer this one!!! It is a loooooong walk from the airport to my house!!!

I think I like the definition of my org name better:

From Scottish Mael Coluim which means "disciple of Saint COLUMBA"...

Oh Malcolmdog, you don't want to go with "disciple of St. Columba". I tried that for 3 months and it nearly killed me. Stick with Rhonda the good.

Your "royal friend"