PDA

View Full Version : Lidl

Kevin Milkins
07-Dec-17, 09:53
Lidl in Wick have been my default setting for doing most of my shopping for a few years now, but yesterday I had to pick up my computer from Rom Art in Thurso because it went broke, (thanks again Robin for fixing it).
Anyway, because the A99 was closed due to an RTA I decided to get my shopping from the Thurso Lidle and go down the A9 home.
What an extraordinary experience, I was expecting it to be a bit of a trial because I'm a creature of habit and thought it would take ages because I wouldn't be able to find anything, however the reverse was the case, as soon as I walked through the door it was just like being in the Wick store with everything laid out in just the same place.
Well done Lidl, a little bit of forethought must have gone into that.

Gronnuck
08-Dec-17, 11:34
I couldn't agree more. Tesco Wick are forever moving stock around causing mayhem. Often the staff can't keep up with the changes either. Apparently there is some retail psychology reason that proposes that if they can keep punters in the store longer they will spend more. Everyone I have spoken to say they opposite - it puts them off and they wont stay in the store longer than necessary.

Kevin Milkins
08-Dec-17, 12:38
Absolutely Gronnuck, If I spend less time looking for the items I know I need it gives me more time to have a browse and look at other items in the store.