PDA

View Full Version : Parcelforce

rubber_duck
06-Dec-17, 12:33
Can anyone tell me who delivers for Parcelforce up here please?

KJSigns
06-Dec-17, 12:39
All parcelforce deliveries come via royal mail with the normal post, their van only collects parcels up here and does not deliver them.

rubber_duck
06-Dec-17, 13:02
Thank you. I thought that was the case. I've been waiting for a parcel this morning, only to hear the tap of the letterbox after the Postman put a card through the door to say I wasn't in, without even knocking on the door. It's perishable goods on a 24 hour delivery, which will be ruined if left until tomorrow. I tried phoning the number on the slip and the woman on the other end of the phone has said that Royal Mail are nothing to do with Parcelforce. When I questioned about this area she hung up on me.

Kodiak
06-Dec-17, 14:58
Thank you. I thought that was the case. I've been waiting for a parcel this morning, only to hear the tap of the letterbox after the Postman put a card through the door to say I wasn't in, without even knocking on the door. It's perishable goods on a 24 hour delivery, which will be ruined if left until tomorrow. I tried phoning the number on the slip and the woman on the other end of the phone has said that Royal Mail are nothing to do with Parcelforce. When I questioned about this area she hung up on me.

Actually Royal Mail deliver MOST of Parcelforce Parcel's but not all. Parcelforce do deliver Parcels over a certain weight, ie a Parcel that would take two men to deliver.

Where are you Wick or Thurso? What is the weight of the Package you are expecting?

Kodiak
06-Dec-17, 15:07
I have just been informed that if it was a Parcelforce Card that was left then it was definately a Parcelforce Man who left it.

If it had beern a Royal Mail Postman they would have left a Royal Mail Card as they have NO Parcelforce cards.

Also at the Moment Royal Mail are using BLUE Cards for the Christmas Season. So if it is anything other than a Blue Card it was not Royal Mail.

rubber_duck
06-Dec-17, 18:27
It was a blue Royal Mail card but when I phoned the number on it the woman I spoke to told me Royal Mail were nothing to do with Parcelforce and hung up on me. I went to the Post office and my parcel was there.

Kodiak
07-Dec-17, 21:51
If you get a Royal Mail Card you just go down to the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Sinclair Street, give them the Card and they will give you the Parcel. The Post Office, which is in the Co-op, has nothing to do with deliveries and does not keep parcels that are not delivered, only the Royal Mail Office does this.

rubber_duck
07-Dec-17, 23:26
Thank you. I'm in Wick and do understand the difference between the Post Office and the Sorting office.