PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 2007

karia
27-May-07, 20:41
Okay, truth...will you watch?

if so will you admit to it..?

Didn't know the org existed this time last year...do you have a corporate response.:)

should i expect to find the place bare during peak showings, or full of alternative orgers..like the sound of that!

anyone up for an anti BB thread?

karia

bobsgirl
27-May-07, 20:46
I have to admit, I always say that I will not be watching it, but somehow seem to get sucked in!!

It aint really that great a show, but they seem to remove all the good programmes when it is on. I would much rather Desperate Housewives anyday!!

Angela
27-May-07, 20:58
Never watched it -no desire to - unless someone can convince me that I'm missing something? :confused :roll:

karia
27-May-07, 21:01
you are so not missing anything Angela,...stay pure!;)

karia

Angela
27-May-07, 21:09
you are so not missing anything Angela,...stay pure!;)

karia

perhaps a bit late for that advice at my age, karia! :lol:

karia
27-May-07, 21:11
I really hope we can do this...but,..isn't so & so a TOTAL bitch, yeah of cooourse these are her own boobs!:roll:.:roll: ....nah,...that's not a nose job,..liposuction,....?
(never a personality enhancement you'll notice!)

Keep the faith

karia

karia
27-May-07, 21:41
Angela,
'pure' is a relative term honey...and you wanna see my relatives! :)

percy toboggan
27-May-07, 22:00
In total I've watched about half an hour of this tripe.
Enough said.

karia
27-May-07, 22:45
That's half an hour you won't get back percy!

By the way....you promised to regale us with tales from 'percy goes north'

we are expectant!

and we'd like photos...

but we understand they may have been impounded..;)

Share with us what you can...man!

your public awaits.

karia X

_Ju_
27-May-07, 22:47
I thought that I had missed something or got my dates wrong when I saw the title of this thread.... I was sure that BB wasn't going to start for a wee whiley yet, and it's not.

How sad that watching a bunch of people doing nothing more than idle intrigue and gossiping will pull so many to the box for endless hours of viewing.

If you want to watch a voyaristic "reality" tv programme you would have been much better served watching "cast away" that just ended on BBC. Not only was it situated where I would love to live one day, and looks just about as close to paradise as you can get in this lifetime, but these people actually had to graft, cooperate and learn to work together in difficult conditions. An interesting social experiment, especially with the exotic and cantankerous caracters in it! Numbers viewing? Probably nill in TV terms.

percy toboggan
27-May-07, 22:55
I thought that I had missed something or got my dates wrong when I saw the title of this thread.... I was sure that BB wasn't going to start for a wee whiley yet, and it's not.

How sad that watching a bunch of people doing nothing more than idle intrigue and gossiping will pull so many to the box for endless hours of viewing.

If you want to watch a voyaristic "reality" tv programme you would have been much better served watching "cast away" that just ended on BBC. Not only was it situated where I would love to live one day, and looks just about as close to paradise as you can get in this lifetime, but these people actually had to graft, cooperate and learn to work together in difficult conditions. An interesting social experiment, especially with the exotic and cantankerous caracters in it! Numbers viewing? Probably nill in TV terms.

I gave it a chance Ju but it was less than interesting. I find so many of the kind sof people who do these things both shallow, and uninteresting. The best thing like this I've seen was the original Castaway, set on Taransay, I think it was called. That was hugely enjoyable.

p.s. (karia:I'm workin' on it - thanks, and er...gosh!)

_Ju_
27-May-07, 23:01
I gave it a chance Ju but it was less than interesting. I find so many of the kind sof people who do these things both shallow, and uninteresting. The best thing like this I've seen was the original Castaway, set on Taransay, I think it was called. That was hugely enjoyable.

p.s. (karia:I'm workin' on it - thanks, and er...gosh!)

I did not live in the UK 7 years ago so I did not see the first one, so I have no comparison. I found some of the people in this one interesting.

Metalattakk
28-May-07, 01:58
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Oh wait, no, I got in trouble the last time I said it....

It would be entirely disrespectful of me to say that Big Brother is television made by morons, featuring morons and watched by morons, so I will resist the temptation this time, even if my opinion still stands.

dunderheed
28-May-07, 07:59
ok so i'm a moron , i havent missed any episode since the very first show.
i keep watching in the hope that it will turn back into the social experiment its meant to be.
to be honest they really should have stopped it after series 3 as this was when it was hijacked by the "freaks, geeks and uniques" or as i have renamed them the wannabes and musthaves.
i think it would be a great idea to put the people in the house and not televise it , give no press releases and see how they react when they leave thw house to no public reaction whatsoever

golach
28-May-07, 10:30
Never watched it -no desire to - unless someone can convince me that I'm missing something? :confused :roll:
I am with you Angela.......reality TV sucks

Lolabelle
28-May-07, 11:59
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Oh wait, no, I got in trouble the last time I said it....

It would be entirely disrespectful of me to say that Big Brother is television made by morons, featuring morons and watched by morons, so I will resist the temptation this time, even if my opinion still stands.

I am a recovering moron. I got caught up in the first 3 seasons of BB in Australia. But I thank my God that I managed to resist the last couple of years. They can certainly suck you in. If your not wary.....:eek:

scorrie
28-May-07, 12:31
As a Nation, we queue up to buy the slops that Tesco et al dish out. As a Nation we queue up to watch the slops that the TV companies purvey as "Entertainment"

There is a common theme here and it involves the ease with which the human being can be led by a fishing line with a nice, shiny bauble on the end of it.

candyfloss
28-May-07, 12:48
I keep saying to myself i will NOT get hooked this time, i will NOT get hooked this time.............. i'm not sure if it's gonna work though [disgust]
I know it's really a load of rubbish, but if i don't watch i might miss something [para]

squidge
28-May-07, 12:54
I actively avoid watching it or any trailers for it - it becomes quite a joke in our house to see mom avoiding big brother

Blazing Sporrans
28-May-07, 13:01
Cheap trashy telly featuring wannabe idiots who will subsequently feature in cheap trashy magazines that worship the cult of celebrity that are bought by the wannabe idiots who watch Big Brother.....

'Nuff said!

WeeBurd
28-May-07, 13:02
I'll be watching. I always say I'll not, more so when I first see the motley bunch of housemates going in, but I end up getting sucked in anyway. Apparently that makes me a moron to some...;).

We're worrying about a police state, when there are those amongst us who are already forming judgements and opinions of others, simply by what they choose to watch on TV! Fortunately I don't rate TV highly enough to actually believe it is anything other than a box churning out sounds and picture, some of which I quite like to watch. Life is too short! [lol]

Tubthumper
28-May-07, 13:10
I am with you Angela.......reality TV sucks
I'm with you Golach but I'll take it a step further: Reality sucks!
Sad fact is that BB seems to reflect the attitudes and mores of the nation.
You know how the act of observation changes that which is observed? Maybe it works the other way round as well; maybe watching these morons turns us into morons...

mccaugm
28-May-07, 13:24
I usually watch the first "episode" and the last and thats it.

What I want to know is why their 15 minutes of fame lasts about 3 months longer than it should.

Jeemag_USA
28-May-07, 17:57
I know I won't be watching it, but does anyone know who they think will get most press coverage out of whoevers in it, I'd like to buy shares in them on the BBC Celebdaq thingy. ???

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-May-07, 19:17
I always say I'm no gonnae watch.Ye see them all goin in and ye say,I'm no watchin this.But ye dae,wee bits at first,then lots.Then the newspapers tell ye the bits they had to edit,cos they said somethin outrageous or did somethin outrageous.Like Kinga drinkin a bottle of wine ...............classic.I'm a moron,I watch it,I say it proud,I watch BB,bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

dunderheed
28-May-07, 20:16
looks like just me you an wee burd for the final night party then cedric:D

rockchick
28-May-07, 20:22
I have to admit I don't watch it religiously... BUT...I find the ones that the public pull out of obscurity interesting!

I recall the year that Jade was on BB...a very nice young lady (I think her name was Kate or Katie) won that year. But I can't recall her, or anyone else who was in BB that year...just Jade. I remember that everyone was against Jade...I think all her housemates voted her out at one point...but then details about her personal life started to surface, regarding how she'd taken care of her mother since she was 12, so her schooling had suffered, etc. and that was why she was so thick. Public opinion started to swing....and her career was born. What struck me at the time was Jades statement, that she'd never said anything about any housemate behind their back, that she hadn't said to their face. And BB went out of their way to prove that this was true...and it was...it seemed to really change the way the public viewed Jade.

Not that makes her a better (or worse) person. just changes the perception of her.

Wonder what BB is going to throw at us this year? Is it going to be worth watching??? Probably depends on how good the weather is this summer...

karia
28-May-07, 20:23
Final party?.. you and wee bird can let us know how things went.

As you know, the press never cover these things :lol:

karia

dunderheed
28-May-07, 20:46
[quote=rockchick;227548]I have to admit I don't watch it religiously... BUT...I find the ones that the public pull out of obscurity interesting!

I recall the year that Jade was on BB...a very nice young lady (I think her name was Kate or Katie) won that year. But I can't recall her, or anyone else who was in BB that year...just Jade. I remember that everyone was against Jade...I think all her housemates voted her out at one point...but then details about her personal life started to surface, regarding how she'd taken care of her mother since she was 12, so her schooling had suffered, etc. and that was why she was so thick. Public opinion started to swing....and her career was born. What struck me at the time was Jades statement, that she'd never said anything about any housemate behind their back, that she hadn't said to their face. And BB went out of their way to prove that this was true...and it was...it seemed to really change the way the public viewed Jade.

Not that makes her a better (or worse) person. just changes the perception of her.

rockchick kate lawler won that year closely from geordie fireman johnny reagan.
kate went on to present a tv programme (think it might have been big breakfast on c4) she then did a stint as a radio dj and now travels the world as a club dj.

johnny hasnt done much but now is a member of the cast in the travelling theatre show "boogie nights".

WeeBurd
29-May-07, 11:33
looks like just me you an wee burd for the final night party then cedric:D

Sounds super, chaps, I'll bring the cider [lol] !

~~Tides~~
29-May-07, 12:42
Ahhhh!! So annoying!

May - exams - main distraction during this study leave period is E4 music, which is usually really good.

June - exams done, summer - blanket coverage of a load of boring attention seekers sitting or there ass all day.

Maddening!!!! Still tho, may force me to do some exercise, so mabey no bad thing.

Ash
29-May-07, 15:04
well i must admit i will be watching it... ive only not tuned in to one and that was the year cameron from orkney was on it

Sandra_B
29-May-07, 17:35
No, I won't be watching. I did watch the first couple but it turned into utter rubbish.

Is that "Johnny the fireman" who does the gas commercials now?

mccaugm
29-May-07, 22:14
well i must admit i will be watching it... ive only not tuned in to one and that was the year cameron from orkney was on it

He was the only sexy, decent bloke on it...loved him to bits. His accent made me weak at the knees. Total honey! (Hope my hubby does not read this LOL) He went in sensible, cool and not two-faced. He came out the same way....luckily the public recognised that in him. :lol:

The rest can be categorised into "Freak" or "Unique" or "Geek".[disgust]

horseman
29-May-07, 22:53
Cheap trashy telly featuring wannabe idiots who will subsequently feature in cheap trashy magazines that worship the cult of celebrity that are bought by the wannabe idiots who watch Big Brother.....

'Nuff said!

Your mixture of nouns and verbs are quite interesting,upon reflection, I must entirely applaud you.:lol:

Victoria
30-May-07, 11:13
I watch it but i don't get totally obsessed with it.

A woman phoned up the radio the other day and said that she was taking 2 weeks off work so that she could watch it 24/7.:eek:

angela5
30-May-07, 11:39
I only started watching Big Brother last year, and yes i'll be watching it again this year.

rfr10
30-May-07, 11:41
Big brother is a load of rubbish.. but I still watch it! :Razz .. well.. only the celebrity version.

candyfloss
30-May-07, 13:02
I've heard it i'll be all girls in the house this time, don't think i'll be watching for long if it's true :eek: