PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 80-90 year olds!

Andrea cunningham
27-May-07, 17:39
Hello - I am travelling up to Wick with my 85 year old mum, Dorothy Harrold, from Southern England 27-30 July and am looking for anyone who knew her or her family, the Harrolds of Wick - George of the JOhn O'Groat Journal, Baba, Anne, Elizabeth, Bill, Kay. She would also love to chat to anyone from her generation - is there a seniors club she could pop into there while there. Look forward to hearing from anyone..Many thanks
Andrea Cunningham

dirdyweeker
27-May-07, 22:58
the Salvation Army in Victoria Place have a few meetings during the week for the elderly to get together. I am sure she could drop in there one afternoon. Used to be 2pm but not sure what days.

Fran
28-May-07, 01:22
How about the Laurandy day centre at thee Wick Industrial Estate, a lot of elderly people there.

trinkie
28-May-07, 07:58
It might be an idea to contact the Church your mother once attended in Wick - there is a possibility that some of her acquaintances would still be in the area.
You will find a list of telephone numbers under Wick Churches here on Caithness.org..

Good Luck and I hope your mother enjoys her visit to Wick - I am sure she will be welcomed with open arms.

Trinkie

Andrea cunningham
30-May-07, 19:48
the Salvation Army in Victoria Place have a few meetings during the week for the elderly to get together. I am sure she could drop in there one afternoon. Used to be 2pm but not sure what days.

Thanks very much for your message

Andrea cunningham
30-May-07, 19:50
It might be an idea to contact the Church your mother once attended in Wick - there is a possibility that some of her acquaintances would still be in the area.
You will find a list of telephone numbers under Wick Churches here on Caithness.org..

Good Luck and I hope your mother enjoys her visit to Wick - I am sure she will be welcomed with open arms.

Trinkie

Thanks Trinkie - we will try that...

Andrea cunningham
30-May-07, 20:07
How about the Laurandy day centre at thee Wick Industrial Estate, a lot of elderly people there.

Thanks Fran - we will try that....