PDA

View Full Version : Another delay for ASDA

Tugmistress
27-May-07, 13:28
I have heard that the public enquiry set for 6 days due to start 26th June has now been delayed to start on 7th August and will now last 3 weeks :eek:
will post more when i find out.

saxovtr
27-May-07, 13:59
dosnt suprise me

mickey101
27-May-07, 15:32
Hi
Looks like someone is employing the good old tactic of keep delaying things and hope they ge fed up trying and go somewhere else.
Nothing changes. All is does is annoy me when there is such blatant profiteering going on with the petrol and the centre of the town is dying fast.

But then again the selfish individuals who are undoubtably pulling the strings never did care about this town only what they could screw out of it.

M

Mr P Cannop
27-May-07, 22:20
I have heard that the public enquiry set for 6 days due to start 26th June has now been delayed to start on 7th August and will now last 3 weeks :eek:
will post more when i find out.

can you give me more info about this please ??

SandTiger
28-May-07, 00:52
Hi
Looks like someone is employing the good old tactic of keep delaying things and hope they ge fed up trying and go somewhere else.
Nothing changes. All is does is annoy me when there is such blatant profiteering going on with the petrol and the centre of the town is dying fast.

But then again the selfish individuals who are undoubtably pulling the strings never did care about this town only what they could screw out of it.

M

Hmmm, I'm not quite so sure that Wal-Mart has such a clean record when it comes to scruples either, what do you know that we don't? ;)

SandTiger
28-May-07, 01:28
can you give me more info about this please ??

Yep, it *either* means that it is pretty low on the agenda, in which case they can't fit it in on the 26th June or it *either* means that they have received an overwhelming amount of evidence, in which case they can't fit it in on 26th June :)

Mr P Cannop
28-May-07, 06:09
does any one else have any paperwork or anything else ?? does any have the times the meetings are on ??

dunderheed
28-May-07, 08:01
on another slant , isn't it kind of ironic that millars is supposed to be fixing the traffic lights at the high school in thurso (over a week now). when this is their preferred sight for asda

Max
28-May-07, 16:09
Wonder why they couldn't do the new traffic lights during the school hols??

Tony
28-May-07, 16:19
Wonder why they couldn't do the new traffic lights during the school hols??

My thoughts exactly. Wonder who made this stupid decision as it is only a month away and at the rate they are going they won't be finished by then anyway. Jeopardizing the safety of our kids.[evil]

rfr10
28-May-07, 16:24
Why has the topic of ASDA turned into traffic lights?

I'm neither for or against ASDA. I just wonder.. with ASDA, will they not take a lot of the business away from Tesco?

Max
28-May-07, 17:54
Sorry - didn't mean to go off topic - just a passing thought really!

rfr10
28-May-07, 22:56
Sorry - didn't mean to go off topic - just a passing thought really!

:D Don't worry about it. We all do it at some point. :Razz

dunderheed
28-May-07, 22:59
rfr if you read my post it would tell you why we veered from asda to traffic lights

Colin Graham
29-May-07, 13:35
Hi - Colin Graham from Miller here.

I thought I'd just point out that any works to the traffic lights at the High School are nothing to do with us. Our proposals for the auction mart site do include measures to improve pedestrian safety on Ormlie Road but any works underway at the moment are being organised by the Council, not us.

Regards.

CG

badcall
30-May-07, 16:15
Hi Colin. Just another bit of mis-information about the ASDA saga amongst many hundreds posted so far. How anyone can think Millers would be repairing traffic lights on a county road beggars belief. Some definitions/clarifications may be in order to help the controversy move along more smoothly.
AGREED LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN = a document produced at huge public expense which defines how an area will be developed in future years - exept in highland region where councillors will ignore it ad nauseum when Tulloch are involved.
GREEN BELT = A defined area of open undeveloped land shown in the LDplan as being safeguarded from development - except in HR where councillors ....etc. etc
COUNCIL POLICY = The laid-down rules under which councils will operate including matters of planning - except in HR where....etc. etc.
1.2 HECTARES AVAILABLE FOR A SMALL HOTEL IN SYMPATHY WITH PENNYLAND HOUSE = 2.6 hectares on which a supermarket and petrol station
can be built when Tulloch owns the land. AND THERE'S MORE.