PDA

View Full Version : Collectors needed by Cats Protection

Liz
10-Jun-05, 14:36
The Caithness Branch of Cats Protection is having a door to door collection during the week beginning 18th July.

Every single penny raised is used in Caithness as the branch is run entirely by volunteers.
We help rehome unwanted cats, trap and neuter ferals and help people on low income with neutering costs

We are desperately in need of collectors so if you can spare some time to collect in your area please contact me.

Thanks! :D

Liz

Mr P Cannop
10-Jun-05, 16:38
would you like me to help out ??

Liz
10-Jun-05, 18:14
Thanks Paul!

What area could you collect in?

Liz :D

Sandra
10-Jun-05, 18:30
I could help, I'm in Thurso.

Liz
10-Jun-05, 20:32
Thanks Sandra!

Again could you let me know which area of Thurso you could collect in?

Come on Weekers!!!

Liz
:D

Mr P Cannop
10-Jun-05, 22:15
what areas are free on your list ??

Liz
10-Jun-05, 22:49
what areas are free on your list ??

Nearly everywhere!!!

We have someone for Mount Pleasant/Springpark and Mey Terrace

Liz

Mr P Cannop
10-Jun-05, 23:32
could you list the areas you have no one at it ??

Liz
11-Jun-05, 12:58
could you list the areas you have no one at it ??

Afraid I can't Paul as I don't know the areas in Thurso.

As I said though we have someone covering Mount Pleasant/Springpark and Mey Terrace so all the other areas are 'free'.

Thanks to those of you have kindly offered to collect but I would really appreciate it if we could get more collectors. :roll:
Even if you just cover one street!

This really is a worthwhile cause as not one penny raised goes on admin etc All the money we raise goes directly to benefit the cats, and cat owners of Caithness.

Liz :D

Drutt
11-Jun-05, 13:50
Thanks to those of you have kindly offered to collect but I would really appreciate it if we could get more collectors. :roll:

I've noticed, Liz, that when you're asking people to do something (adopt a cat, volunteer their time etc) you often follow the request with an eye-rolling icon. I was wondering why you did that, because it's not very encouraging. It implies that you're thinking "Good grief, these people are useless and selfish".

That said, if I was in Caithness I'd help out, but I'm not so I can't.

Liz
11-Jun-05, 14:23

I've noticed, Liz, that when you're asking people to do something (adopt a cat, volunteer their time etc) you often follow the request with an eye-rolling icon. I was wondering why you did that, because it's not very encouraging. It implies that you're thinking "Good grief, these people are useless and selfish".

That said, if I was in Caithness I'd help out, but I'm not so I can't.

Well I never knew that an eye-rolling icon implied 'Good grief, these people are useless and selfish'!!!!!! :roll: Oh no, there I go again!!!!!

I will stay away from the icons in the future as I don't want to imply any such thing! :D
Oh no....can't help myself!

Being serious we at Cats Protection rely on the kindness of the Caithness people to support our charity and if they didn't we wouldn't be in operation.
So to all of you who have adopted cats and kittens and helped us fund raise a big THANKS!

Liz

Liz
13-Jun-05, 19:59
Thanks to those of you have contacted me offering to collect in your area. It's really appreciated!

However, we only have one person for Wick and so would really like some more please.
Even if you just do your street that would be great.

I know collecting can be a bit of a task but rest assured that every single penny you collect will be put to good use.

Thanks!

Liz

Mandy
13-Jun-05, 23:02
Liz - let me know how many streets you need in Wick, and I will do as many as I can. I'll do 1 street each night if I need to. :)

Mr P Cannop
13-Jun-05, 23:18
hi liz do you still need my help ??

Liz
14-Jun-05, 12:03
Liz - let me know how many streets you need in Wick, and I will do as many as I can. I'll do 1 street each night if I need to. :)

Hi Mandy!!!

That would be great. I'll be in touch.

How's married life?

Liz
x

Liz
14-Jun-05, 12:48
hi liz do you still need my help ??

I'll be in touch Paul.

Liz

Mr P Cannop
14-Jun-05, 14:09