PDA

View Full Version : Haryr Potter in Caithness

The Pepsi Challenge
27-May-07, 07:57
So. It looks like 'arry Potter will be making a trip to Caithness, eh? My money's on Sutherland, and Smoo Cave.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=824402007

cuddlepop
27-May-07, 17:05
There suppose to be checking out Whaligoe as a possible venue for Harry Potter movie(according to front page)
Got mixed feelings about that one,mostly selfish as its beautiful as it is without loads of tourists.:eek:

Sporran
28-May-07, 02:50
Thanks for letting us know about that, Pepsi! I would be delighted if they chose either Smoo Cave or the cave at the Whaligoe Steps! :) I wonder if JK Rowling will have any say in the matter?

Ricco
28-May-07, 08:30
There suppose to be checking out Whaligoe as a possible venue for Harry Potter movie(according to front page)
Got mixed feelings about that one,mostly selfish as its beautiful as it is without loads of tourists.:eek:

I shouldn't worry too much about tourists. The house that HArry is supposed to have lived in is in Bracknell - they hardly ever have anyone round. People just aren't that interested.

NickInTheNorth
28-May-07, 08:46
Try telling that to the hordes of visitors that turn up to ride the "hogwart's express" over the Glenfinnan viaduct, or the ones that go to visit the site of hagrids hut at Glencoe, or the hundreds of mini Harry Potters running round Alnwick Castle every day, or the hordes at Durham Cathedral...

I guess if the place is worth a visit by adults, then you get the family tourists along. I suspect that the tourist boom that Harry Potter status can bring might well happen if these Caithness locations are chosen.

Bracknell is I believe somewhat lacking in tourist appeal :D

cuddlepop
28-May-07, 13:39
There filming at Dunvegan castle on the 15th of June.its some romatic highland spoof.

Thats teaming with tourists at the best of times so cant see that making much difference.
Smoo caves and Waligoe are so "special".i think its the lack of "hordes" of tourists that make it so.:D