PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best roadside recovery company

dozy
21-Sep-17, 20:29
Which one covers the highlands the best out of the AA, RAC or Green Flag. Good or bad stories would be a great help. Thanks

kinloch
21-Sep-17, 21:22
J elder dunbeath does AA always done OK with me and friends

Kodiak
21-Sep-17, 21:57
The best is the one who does not charge an arm and a leg then when you get stuck in the snow asks for extra to get you going again. All I would say is to check the small print of the T/C before you join any of the breakdown services.

mi16
22-Sep-17, 06:41
If you need the AA or any of their brethren due to snow then you have been ill prepared for your journey

GSD
22-Sep-17, 10:20
If you need the AA or any of their brethren due to snow then you have been ill prepared for your journey

To be honest, up here in the far North it won't make a lot of difference who you choose because they will probably all use the garage in castletown for the actual assistance or recovery, when was the last time you saw an AA, RAC patrol around here.
I have found that for me Aviva has been excellent, they are in fact if you need them the RAC, but at a far cheaper price.
I had a cambelt failure in Thurso a couple of years ago, at first I got the standard, "we should be with you in 2 hours", this was followed by a call from the RAC saying their recovery partner was out recovering an accident & wouldn't be able to get to me for 4 hours minimum, they then provided a taxi FOC to take me home, got Castletown to call me at home & we arranged a convenient time to recover the car to my house. I think I saved around £40.0 for roadside assistance |& recovery, a year by arranging through Aviva compared with than RAC direct.

dozy
22-Sep-17, 15:19
Many thanks to all . It's because of the potholes and I don't want the wife and grandkids stuck at the roadside with a damaged car and have no chance of assistance . Cheers