PDA

View Full Version : Stroma

katarina
10-Jun-05, 08:55
If it's nice this sunday or the next I would like to go to Stroma. anyone want to join me?

Joey
10-Jun-05, 09:08
Sounds like Celebrity Love Island!! :D

doreenhedgehog
10-Jun-05, 09:12
Great Idea!!!

Caithness Celebrity Love Island. Right. Who will we send?

Joey
10-Jun-05, 09:34
mmmmmmm better watch what we say, may upset a few!!! LOL

garycs
10-Jun-05, 10:14
Not wishing to seem ignorant, but does anyone still live on Stroma and who owns it? I think I read somewhere that there used to be over 200 people there.

katarina
10-Jun-05, 10:34
at its peak there was 400 around the 1900s. Jimmy Simpson owns it and sometimes stays over in the summer along with the farm workers. Another couple have a holiday cottage there and go over often. Day trippers go most sundays in the summer.

Celebrity love island? Now there's a thought!

Joey
10-Jun-05, 10:40
Don't think swimwear of the ilk worn on the TV show would be the order of the day on Stroma somehow ! :lol:

katarina
10-Jun-05, 10:53
Don't think swimwear of the ilk worn on the TV show would be the order of the day on Stroma somehow ! :lol:

Did you know that before the Simpsons bought it, it was concidered being used as a nudist camp? LOL. And then it was going to be put up as a prize in an American TV quiz show.

weeboyagee
10-Jun-05, 14:04
Heh-heh! :lol: My caithness.org celebrity love island nominees are:

katarina and squidge
gleeber and golach
Rheghead and Dr Szin
bacardi babe and champagne babe

Anybody care to add, or suggest the tasks they have to do????? D'ya think the girls will get on wi' the boys?

You guys up for goin? Heh-heh? :D

katarina
10-Jun-05, 14:36
We'd have an ......em interesting time!

champagnebaby
10-Jun-05, 14:45

katarina and squidge
gleeber and golach
Rheghead and Dr Szin

Anybody care to add, or suggest the tasks they have to do????? D'ya think the girls will get on wi' the boys?

Which 2 would we send to the love shack?? lol :lol: :p

squidge
10-Jun-05, 14:56

katarina and squidge
gleeber and golach
Rheghead and Dr Szin

ERm - you have put us in couples already??????????????

Katarina and i are both girlies!!!

Gleeber and golach are both men - old ones at that!!!
:evil

Rheghead and DrSzin are both guys too and im sure

Bacardibabe and Champagne baby are both girlies too

WHAT are you suggesting Weeboyagee.... Caithness.org does gay love in? :eek:

champagnebaby
10-Jun-05, 15:12
If that's the case maybe we should put members of girlzone over

http://www.caithness.org/community/social/text/girlzone/index.htm

LOL :lol:

katarina
10-Jun-05, 16:15
And could we have pink lippy too? I rather liked her poetry.

~~Tides~~
10-Jun-05, 16:27
Big party at my house!!

champagnebaby
10-Jun-05, 16:58
Oh what about alananders - could chuck him in the sea on the way across, lol :D

squidge
10-Jun-05, 16:59
thats the best idea i heard all day champagnebaby

katarina
10-Jun-05, 17:18
Right now I'd settle for chucking JJc in the sea!

kas
10-Jun-05, 17:20
You won't get this weekend. We tried earlier this week. They are shearing sheep this weekend.
Try next weekend.

katarina
10-Jun-05, 17:43
Ok Next weekend it is then. Are you all set boys?

Sandra
10-Jun-05, 18:27
I didn't know you could go and visit. Does it cost anything and where does it leave from?

jjc
10-Jun-05, 18:51
Right now I'd settle for chucking JJc in the sea!
Mmmiiiiaaaaaaooooooooowwww! :eyes

katarina
11-Jun-05, 10:18

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought it was just a friendly girlie thing! whew!

Drutt
11-Jun-05, 12:52

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought it was just a friendly girlie thing! whew!
Oh what a relief, katarina and champagnebaby, that you noticed, for surely the world would end if you should accidentally fraternise with lesbians and bisexual women. :roll:

champagnebaby
11-Jun-05, 16:09
We didn't say anything like that - you're drawing your own conclusions drutt :eyes

Seems you can't resist trying to have a dig at katarina

Drutt
11-Jun-05, 16:26
We didn't say anything like that - you're drawing your own conclusions drutt :eyes
Do you really think so? I am left wondering what katarina meant by "whew!", but she's welcome to explain it away if she can.

webmannie
11-Jun-05, 17:21
Ah paradise, Stroma, members of Girlzone what more can a chap ask for!

champagnebaby
11-Jun-05, 19:37
Do you really think so? I am left wondering what katarina meant by "whew!", but she's welcome to explain it away if she can.

So why'd you drag my name in to it? I didn't mean anything derogatory by posting the link - twas only a joke . . . . .

Drutt
11-Jun-05, 20:32
So why'd you drag my name in to it? I didn't mean anything derogatory by posting the link - twas only a joke . . . . .
You're right champagnebaby, you had made no negative insinuation but were just joining in with squidge's joke. I apologise, and withdraw my inclusion of your name in my earlier comment.

katarina
11-Jun-05, 20:40
I would reply to you drutt, but then, just as we were beginning to enjoy ourselves, the thread might be deleted. Surely deleting entire threads is a breach of civil liberties? Now I'll never know whether you or jcc replied to my last post.

Drutt
11-Jun-05, 20:57
I would reply to you drutt, but then, just as we were beginning to enjoy ourselves, the thread might be deleted.
Do tell, katarina, are you blaming me for a thread being deleted? I wish I were that powerful, but I'm really not.

On the contrary, I'd have loved our 'debate' to have been kept for posterity. I see no reason whatsoever why our posts may have caused a problem. I suspect it may have had more to do with people's enthusiasm for identifying those they accused without evidence.

Surely deleting entire threads is a breach of civil liberties?
I'd recommend that you find out more about both civil liberties and publishing responsibilities. Caithness.org can be held responsible for defamatory remarks against individuals, so cannot retain information which could be regarded as libelous, no matter who posted it.

katarina
11-Jun-05, 21:55
I can see the point of removing individual postings if they are libelous, but surely not an entire thread?

Drutt
11-Jun-05, 22:07
I can see the point of removing individual postings if they are libelous, but surely not an entire thread?
I absolutely see your point, because it's frustrating to have posts pulled seemingly without reason. However, it'd be labour-intensive to read through 3 pages and decide what was acceptable and what was not, so I guess that's why the whole thread was pulled.

We've been warned before about posting defamatory remarks, yet a few people continue to do it. The irritation should be at those people, rather than at the people who run caithness.org.

champagnebaby
11-Jun-05, 22:30
You're right champagnebaby, you had made no negative insinuation but were just joining in with squidge's joke. I apologise, and withdraw my inclusion of your name in my earlier comment.

Thankyou drutt, apology accepted :)

DrSzin
12-Jun-05, 02:10
I think you've all missed the match made in Heaven:

Doreenhedgehog and The Pepsi Challenge

Put those two in the Love Shack and the spikes would surely fly :cool:

As for me & Rheggers. Well, for all I know he may be a lovely bloke, but he's a bloke nonetheless, so I must turn down the invitation.

mareng
12-Jun-05, 09:20

I'd love to go, but I have just discovered that I have a hole in the elbow of my swimming costume. :(

katarina
12-Jun-05, 10:50
Do tell, katarina, are you blaming me for a thread being deleted? I wish I were that powerful, but I'm really not. .

OOOOh paranoia

Drutt
12-Jun-05, 12:15
Do tell, katarina, are you blaming me for a thread being deleted? I wish I were that powerful, but I'm really not. .

OOOOh paranoia
Aww, you still griping over my calling you paranoid? You know, you may be uncomfortable with it, but accusing me of being paranoid too indicates that you're experiencing some cognitive dissonance.

katarina
12-Jun-05, 12:55
Och, I'm not going to bother trading insults with you. I'm a bit bored with your brand of verbal diarrhoea.