PDA

View Full Version : ...and you thought we were ruled by idiots....

j4bberw0ck
25-May-07, 15:54
President Ahmedinejad (http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2087915,00.html) scores a bit of an own goal..... and he'll be looking after a nuclear arsenal in due course?

Oh wow.

Get this quote:

"I believe the president knows the consequence of this decision but he doesn't care about the future."

If you can't feel the chill down your back, you're not concentrating.....

badger
25-May-07, 18:56
Always thought he was clever, if nasty. Stupid and nasty is much scarier. How does he have that sort of power - are his government so scared of him? Definitely sounds worse than our lot.

fred
25-May-07, 21:25
Always thought he was clever, if nasty. Stupid and nasty is much scarier. How does he have that sort of power - are his government so scared of him? Definitely sounds worse than our lot.

He aint stupid, he's a lot of things but he aint stupid.

What struck me in the article was this:

The rate cut was imposed at the same time as Mr Ahmadinejad raised the price of petrol by 1p to 5p a litre.

Eat your hearts out citizens of Thurso.

Tilter
25-May-07, 21:51
. . . and you thought we were ruled by idiots . . .

I have never doubted that I was ruled by idiots . . . .

(Doesn't seem to matter where you live)

crayola
25-May-07, 23:37
He aint stupid, he's a lot of things but he aint stupid.For a second I thought you were speaking of j4bberw0ck, but I know you wouldn't accuse him of that.

Yok Finney
27-May-07, 06:35
Pres. Ahmedinejad isn't stupid to keep an eye on his banksters while's he's abroad and gie them unexpected jolts. 16% interest; 28% in the private sector? Win or lose, war is always profitable for some. Elsewhere, GWB, the US president, has instructed the CIA to conduct "black ops" against Iran, aimed at destabilising, inconveniencing and even overthrowing the regime in Tehran.

When Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh was the democratically elected prime minister of Iran, he was removed from power in a complex 1953 plot orchestrated by British and US intelligence agencies.

Iranians defending their own country are called "nationalists" for being true patriots who'll shoot back at their enemy.

Iran is not a nuclear power. Israel is and has 3 spanking new U boats to launch from, Pakistan is, India is and also runs the british call centre economy and what was once British Steel. North Korea is and China allows it for a nuisance factor effect.

j4bberw0ck
27-May-07, 09:07
For a second I thought you were speaking of j4bberw0ck, but I know you wouldn't accuse him of that.

Ah ha! That's where the second barrel got to. Morning, Crayola. :lol: :lol:

fred
27-May-07, 09:34
Pres. Ahmedinejad isn't stupid to keep an eye on his banksters while's he's abroad and gie them unexpected jolts. 16% interest; 28% in the private sector? Win or lose, war is always profitable for some. Elsewhere, GWB, the US president, has instructed the CIA to conduct "black ops" against Iran, aimed at destabilising, inconveniencing and even overthrowing the regime in Tehran.

Yes, keeping interest rates high to attract foreign investors only works in a free market. The US is now threatening economic sanctions against any company in the world which invests in Iran. Pointless selling stuff cheap if there's men with pickaxe handles outside the shop stopping customers coming in.

Yok Finney
27-May-07, 10:14
From a purely economic and monetary perspective, a petroeuro system is a logical development given that the European Union imports more oil from OPEC producers than does the U.S. , and that the E.U. accounted for 45% of exports sold to the Middle East. Despite the complete absence of coverage from the five U.S. corporate media conglomerates, foreign news stories suggest one of the Federal Reserve's nightmares may begin to unfold in the spring of 2006, when it appears that international buyers will have a choice of buying a barrel of oil for $60 dollars on the NYMEX and IPE - or purchase a barrel of oil for 45 - 50 euros via the Iranian Bourse. In essence, the U.S. will no longer be able to effortlessly expand its debt-financing via issuance of U.S. Treasury bills, and the dollar's international demand/liquidity value will fall.

China likes its ergs delivered from "a basket of currencies". Would Spock forsee them hatching petro-ewans?

golach
27-May-07, 10:33
He aint stupid, he's a lot of things but he aint stupid.
It was expected that you would say that about him Fred, you have liked him for some time now if many of your posts in other threads are to go by.

fred
27-May-07, 10:45
From a purely economic and monetary perspective, a petroeuro system is a logical development given that the European Union imports more oil from OPEC producers than does the U.S. , and that the E.U. accounted for 45% of exports sold to the Middle East. Despite the complete absence of coverage from the five U.S. corporate media conglomerates, foreign news stories suggest one of the Federal Reserve's nightmares may begin to unfold in the spring of 2006, when it appears that international buyers will have a choice of buying a barrel of oil for $60 dollars on the NYMEX and IPE - or purchase a barrel of oil for 45 - 50 euros via the Iranian Bourse. In essence, the U.S. will no longer be able to effortlessly expand its debt-financing via issuance of U.S. Treasury bills, and the dollar's international demand/liquidity value will fall.

China likes its ergs delivered from "a basket of currencies". Would Spock forsee them hatching petro-ewans?

Yes, I was just reading in the Peninsula (http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Business%5FNews&subsection=market+news&month=May2007&file=Business_News2007052714732.xml) this morning, 70% of Iran's oil exports are now paid for in other currencies than the dollar despite America's efforts of economic sabotage.

As the dollar declines other countries are going to see Iran getting more and more revenue per barrel than them and think about ditching the dollar too, the Fed must be sweating some.

fred
27-May-07, 10:49
It was expected that you would say that about him Fred, you have liked him for some time now if many of your posts in other threads are to go by.

What reason would I have disliking him? I'm not the sort of person to dislike someone just because they are Persian.

Not stupid enough to be taken in by another media hatchet job either.

j4bberw0ck
27-May-07, 13:59
a petroeuro system is a logical development given that the European Union imports more oil from OPEC producers than does the U.S.

If you search this string in Google, it appears in a whole list of articles mostly written by someone called William Clark "as his patriotic duty". They were written and published round about 2004, citing 2005 / 2006 when everything they forecast would happen.

We appear still to be waiting.