PDA

View Full Version : JudyI was Murray pulls the wool

dozy
30-Aug-17, 19:34
I was party to a meeting last year about the Murray Tennis Centre planned by Judy Murray outside drumblair. At the meeting everyone took it that is was a con to make some folk rich . One party had bought the ground and needed planning permission to see the land rocket in value and go from £230,000 to 5 million but the local community put up blocking tactics and stopped the carpet baggers. Well on the news today the carpet baggers have won with the help of the SNP ,shame on you Sturgeon and tartan Tories flag is flying high over SNP HQ.

Kevin Milkins
30-Aug-17, 23:30
I read the thread a few times and it's lost on me!

Fulmar
31-Aug-17, 08:28
Is the Murray Tennis Centre getting built then? Is it on a controversial site or something? Is it only a minority of the local people who do not want it or are the majority in support of it? I would have thought that they would be but what do I know! In terms of sporting stardom, they don't come any bigger than Andy Murray, do they? I don't think that many towns would object to something like that with the Murray name attached but would think it a great thing- but what do I know.

mi16
31-Aug-17, 09:14
I'd say there was many sporting icons more iconic than Andy Murray

Aaldtimer
31-Aug-17, 09:39
I'd say there was many sporting icons more iconic than Andy Murray

I'd agree...but there are few bigger that are from Scotland.:)

Goodfellers
31-Aug-17, 10:48
Reading the BBC news story, it appears the vast majority of locals were opposed, as were the council and a planning inspector It seems Scottish ministers over-ruled locals views in the wider national interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-35762997 original story..................yesterdays announcement http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41095537

I wonder if a sea front upmarket hotel could be considered 'in the national interest?' Mr Taylor needs to butter up a few SNP politicians, perhaps invite them to Florida for two weeks to see a comparable development over there :-)

Fulmar
31-Aug-17, 13:14
Perhaps it could be a good development in principle but sounds as though it is in the wrong place and bad that local opinion has been over-ridden. However, that is all too familiar, I think.

dozy
31-Aug-17, 14:12
The local feeling was that the whole thing had a bad smell to it . It was a get rich quick scheme ,which was in the wrong place . When I looked at it there was to many strings that would not tie up ,it just came down to a money making scheme that the tax payer would have to shovel cash into ,in some form or another. Just pulling in a new road would cost £9million, and that's just the start. If the local community don't want it ,what should be the end .

dozy
31-Aug-17, 19:52
There was folk on the Perth to Glasgow bus talking about it and they where all to a person against it . Two old guys keep us all entertained with their banter on the tennis school . They had all the info and it was more like Still Game than a bus journey. It was great to see that so many folk have got the Judy Game in the spotlight. This SNP government stated in the election "that the decision were with the people and community", that may well be words that will end up choking them if they don't do a u turn on this. Hopefully someone can get a website and partition on the go quickly and get some Tv exposure to show that the community won't be BULLIED. . Sign me up .

Michael Dennis
01-Sep-17, 02:55
There was folk on the Perth to Glasgow bus talking about it and they where all to a person against it . Two old guys keep us all entertained with their banter on the tennis school . They had all the info and it was more like Still Game than a bus journey. It was great to see that so many folk have got the Judy Game in the spotlight. This SNP government stated in the election "that the decision were with the people and community", that may well be words that will end up choking them if they don't do a u turn on this. Hopefully someone can get a website and partition on the go quickly and get some Tv exposure to show that the community won't be BULLIED. . Sign me up .

Dozy in your first post you said that you were "party to a meeting last year". Would this meeting have been overhearing the general public on the bus which you have just alluded to? If so, being "party to a meeting", may be a little bit of an overstretch of the meaning.

I always find that those willing to complain always make their voices heard. The ones you need to take notice of are the vast majority who either approve or are not bothered about thing, they are the silent ones.

dozy
01-Sep-17, 06:34
My name was on the list of the invited. When looking at development as a whole and not at just the chanting of the carpetbaggers, it's impossible to justify the development when the locals have already said NO. The environmental impact makes it a none starter unless the taxpayer has a huge input,now and in the future.

Michael Dennis
01-Sep-17, 12:16
My name was on the list of the invited. When looking at development as a whole and not at just the chanting of the carpetbaggers, it's impossible to justify the development when the locals have already said NO. The environmental impact makes it a none starter unless the taxpayer has a huge input,now and in the future.

So you were on the list of the invited but did you attend said meeting? Or did you simply join in with the bus banter?

I suspect a lot of people who agree with the development are not "carpet baggers" as you put it but upstanding members of the public who see the good in such a development. This thread seems political and Anti SNP to me, regardless of what team you support so should prob be moved to the politics thread to die a death.

dozy
01-Sep-17, 17:37
Don't be silly ,me join in bus banter, I don't think so . You cant get the info needed to see both sides if you don't do your homework. I do my homework very well and study who says what and how it's said ,some don't get that emails and phones are never safe . Information is King and the world is listening .

Michael Dennis
01-Sep-17, 20:09

Don't be silly ,me join in bus banter, I don't think so . You cant get the info needed to see both sides if you don't do your homework. I do my homework very well and study who says what and how it's said ,some don't get that emails and phones are never safe . Information is King and the world is listening .

Dozy you didn't answer the question. I asked if you actually attended the meeting you were one of "the invited" for?

dozy
01-Sep-17, 21:53
All I can say is what the developers would say " No Comment" as its not I my interest to say. Why are you so interested? Ask the company that held the meeting and see what they would say first.

Michael Dennis
02-Sep-17, 01:34
All I can say is what the developers would say " No Comment" as its not I my interest to say. Why are you so interested? Ask the company that held the meeting and see what they would say first.

It isn't in your interests as you are spouting utter nonsense. You are making out you were privy to a meeting when in actual fact u are just repeating gossip you heard on a bus. I have never heard the like in my life. Dozy by name ...

Aaldtimer
02-Sep-17, 01:41
Interesting article on the subject:- https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/murrays-legacy-must-be-at-grass-roots-level-2wfv9fb89 :cool:

Alrock
02-Sep-17, 01:59
Interesting article on the subject:- https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/murrays-legacy-must-be-at-grass-roots-level-2wfv9fb89 :cool:

Don't have access... Could you Copy & Paste please.

Fulmar
02-Sep-17, 08:24
There was folk on the Perth to Glasgow bus talking about it and they where all to a person against it . Two old guys keep us all entertained with their banter on the tennis school . They had all the info and it was more like Still Game than a bus journey.
Did you travel to this very important meeting on the bus? I would have been worried about getting there on time!

bigmac
02-Sep-17, 09:27
the mafia want independance at any cost, looks like with a little help and most likely a brown envelope OOPS i mean grant or interest free loan of our money, their mates will just buy the country bit by bit for them

Aaldtimer
02-Sep-17, 12:32
Don't have access... Could you Copy & Paste please.

Sorry, I have the news paper, but you can sign up for two free articles per week.