PDA

View Full Version : Spittal Hill Windfarm Meeting

jaykay
25-May-07, 13:32
I had intended to go to last night's meeting in Halkirk but I have had come down here to Aberdeen on business. I was wondering if anyone attended the meeting and what course of action was planned. (if any)

badger
25-May-07, 15:32
Excellent meeting - full hall - good speakers with one very professional-looking and informative presentation. Distinct absence of opposition which made it rather one-sided but presumably they couldn't face a hostile reception. Message is to object now if you haven't already, tell your family (including children (every objection is counted so families need to object individually) / friends (including those who visit on holiday) / acquaintances / strangers, lobby MSPs and Councillors. Unfortunately it appears our MP has no direct influence as this is dealt with by Scot.Exec. and Highland Council but people said he had been helpful and always replied to correspondence, unlike MSP. Spread the word .....

Keep watching the websites for further developments.

olivia
25-May-07, 16:13
I had intended to go to last night's meeting in Halkirk but I have had come down here to Aberdeen on business. I was wondering if anyone attended the meeting and what course of action was planned. (if any)
The best thing everyone can do if they don't want a mega windfarm slap bang in the middle of the county on Spittal Hill is object now. You can do this by going to www.spittalwindfarmopposition.co.uk (http://www.spittalwindfarmopposition.co.uk) where there is an online objection facility or a printable form for posting.
Or write your own letter and send to
The Scottish Executive
Energy Consents Unit
2nd Floor, Meridian Court
5 Cadogan Street
GLASGOW
G2 6AT
or email energyconsents@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
but be quick - deadline is fast approaching - 1st June.
Many thanks to all who value our wonderful county and object to this proposed monstrosity.

jaykay
25-May-07, 16:52
Excellent meeting - full hall - good speakers with one very professional-looking and informative presentation. Distinct absence of opposition which made it rather one-sided but presumably they couldn't face a hostile reception. Message is to object now if you haven't already, tell your family (including children (every objection is counted so families need to object individually) / friends (including those who visit on holiday) / acquaintances / strangers, lobby MSPs and Councillors. Unfortunately it appears our MP has no direct influence as this is dealt with by Scot.Exec. and Highland Council but people said he had been helpful and always replied to correspondence, unlike MSP. Spread the word .....

Keep watching the websites for further developments.

Thanks for the info Badger. Glad the meeting went well. I have already objected.