PDA

View Full Version : out of the mouth of babes!

brandy
24-May-07, 21:58
*grins*
just had to share this!
tonight when the kids were saying their prayers..
sam decided to add someone to his prayers!
he said
God bless mummy
God bless daddy
God bless Ben
God bless Sam..
AND..........
GOD BLESS SPORTICUS!!!!!

Fluff
24-May-07, 22:04
Lol, thats cute!

mccaugm
24-May-07, 23:40
On a similar theme my little sister (now a 35 year old woman) was in church one Sunday. She was getting a tad bored and turned to mum and said rather loudly, "When the mannie in the white dress shuts up, can we go home?"

Also my son...was singing in church and above the usual dirge and the expected, Hail Mary's was heard singing "Help Mary, Help Mary" took him years to live that down...

changilass
24-May-07, 23:52
The tv went off at about lunch time (ITV problem not our tv) and the wee man said 'mummy its broken, please fix it', luckily it wasn't off for long, when hubby came in he told him that mummy had fixed the telly :D , hubby was really impressed till I explained what had actually happened, but the wee man now thinks mummy can fix anything :roll: thats me in the dog house if I cant

Rheghead
25-May-07, 00:02
i'm sporticus!!!!;)

brokencross
25-May-07, 07:18
No, I'm Sporticus

Lolabelle
25-May-07, 07:23
When my mum was little, she told her mother that she wished she was Mary. When asked Why? She replied, "because I love grapes"

'Hail Mary, full of Grapes...' :lol:

brokencross
25-May-07, 07:41
We got into a crowded lift in a Binns store. The doors slid shut and my young daughter was heard to say "Mummy, why have they locked us in this little room?"

Needless to say the lift erupted in laughter.

Wellies
25-May-07, 09:00
Mum told me that when I was small one Christmas Day I went and put on my "Wellies" first thing in the morning. She wondered where I was going and amazed I didn't want to see what Santa brought me. I insisted I had to go out to the barn and look in the hay to see if a baby was there

brandy
25-May-07, 09:14
*laughs* ah bless wellies.. that is so sweet!

scorrie
25-May-07, 14:05
It was the last Saturday before Christmas and I was in Woolies with my, then, 3 year old Daughter. The store was heaving and my Daughter asked if she could have a bag of Pic'n'Mix. In the spirit of Peace and Goodwill, I fought against the tide and made my way to the little plastic shovels and started to dig in. All sweets offered for adding to the mix were greeted with enthusiasm, up until the moment I enquired "What about some Jelly Beans?"

With a voice that a navvy would have been proud of, my daughter roared the response:- "NO!!, they make me FART!!"

Half the population of Wick seemed to be in the store at the time and I expect every one of them heard the reply that shattered the illusion of the "Butter wouldn't Melt" face. Wish I'd caught it on camcorder.

girnigoe
25-May-07, 14:58
Scorrie.... Ha ha ha ha. ROFLMAO!! That one really brightened my day..

Ah.. kids... impecable timing!! :grin:

Alice in Blunderland
25-May-07, 15:03
My son taught my youngest to whistle loudly when she was only three. We all thought it was sweet until one sunday afternoon in church when the minister said let us pray..........in the momments silence that followed my three year old decided now was the momment to let everyone know how well she could whistle. I wanted to die whilst the rest of the kids tried their best not to laugh out loud. :)

girnigoe
25-May-07, 15:10
My daughter (who was then only 3 or 4) and I were in the queue in Boots one BUSY Saturday afternoon and the woman in front of us was buying "Ladies Products", when my daughter decided to announce,

"Mummy, those are for your bum arent they"?

I dont know who was more embarrassed me or the afore mentioned Lady!!!

Although every one else seemed to find it amusing :)

horseman
25-May-07, 20:12
scorrie and girnigoe, it's getting late on now and I am still laughing:lol:

sweetpea
26-May-07, 10:42
I asked my wee cousin years ago how old she thought her teacher was and she said I don't know but if I could just see her knickers I could tell you!:lol:

toodiemac
26-May-07, 22:20
When my wee girl was about 2½ we were in a shop beside a really, really large woman. My daughter piped up loudly "Mummy, isn't that lady really fat". I was mortified and apoligised profusely as the woman had obviously heard. She took it in good grace though and said it was okay, and that children only tell the truth.

When we got home I explained to the little one that comments can hurt people's feelings, and that we should try to say only nice things.

Well, a couple of days later, same shop and same large lady. My wee treasure, bold as brass, marches up to her and says "wow, you look soooooo slim today". God, I could have fainted with the shame. I suppose wee one had taken it to heart about saying something nice though. What could I say???

mccaugm
27-May-07, 15:41
I asked my wee cousin years ago how old she thought her teacher was and she said I don't know but if I could just see her knickers I could tell you!:lol:1
That was priceless....but loved her childish logic.

robynaus
28-May-07, 15:12
When my mum was little, she told her mother that she wished she was Mary. When asked Why? She replied, "because I love grapes"

'Hail Mary, full of Grapes...' :lol:

Brings back memories Lolabelle Little country school terrified of the nuns and I learned "Hail Mary full of face" regards robyn

scorrie
28-May-07, 20:32
When my Son and Daughter were about 10 and 6 respectively we were watching an ancient black and white film. My Son asked who the little man in the film was. "Charlie Chaplin" I replied.

A few moments later my Daughter enquired, "Who the heck was Charlie chapped lips?"

Charlie Chapped Lips he remains!!

danc1ngwitch
02-Jun-07, 18:22
On washing my little girls long hair we was talking and she said something about if your hair was smelly. I said "oh noooo, nothing worse than smelly hair", She replys "yeah there is, a smelly body" I bent over laughing it was one of those things [lol]

angela5
02-Jun-07, 18:36
My friend was in tesco the other day shopping with her 2 kids (4yr old and 3 months) half way around the baby decided he wanted fed and started bawling. A group of elderly ladies gathered around her trolley and said to her 4yr old, 'your little brother is upset' which she replied ' he wants mummys boob! [lol]

ashaw1
02-Jun-07, 22:20
Brilliant!