PDA

View Full Version : a random thought..

brandy
24-May-07, 09:10
just sitting here this morning.. doing the blahh.. im not really alive yet.. as the two year old calmly walks into the kitchen lays down in the floor screams and cries for a sec. turns around on the floor.. gets up and calmly wonders off again.. happy and content.. now here i am contempating doing the same.. wonders if i would feel better?
hows your morning?

NickInTheNorth
24-May-07, 09:46
better now I've had a good yell :D

Ash
24-May-07, 09:49
hey good morning!! well not a nice way to start the day, its horrible out! got loads to do an all, could u imagine the look on our kids faces if we took tantrums like that!! lol:D

NickInTheNorth
24-May-07, 09:54
one of my children when she was only about 2 or 3 three used to take a wee screaming tantrum now and again. After she'd done it a few times I tried just copying the noise she made right back at her.

The look on her face was a picture. Cured her pretty quick ;)

She next tried it when she was 5, that time we simply laughed, never did it again after that!

Ash
24-May-07, 09:58
my wee one is going through the whole tantrum stages, its worse after i pick her up from playschool, started the naughty step and im amazed at how well it works! :)

NickInTheNorth
24-May-07, 10:07
Do you also use the old but very effective, "if you don't stop... I'll count to three..."

It is incredible how well it works.

First person I knew - a play leader at a nursery my eldest daughter went to - that did it I asked her what happened if they got to 3, her answer, I never get to 3

My wife who is currently working at the local nursery has just started doing it with the "naughty boy", works everytime. Her predecessor couldn't do a thing with him.

brandy
24-May-07, 10:09
naughty step is great on my 4 year old. he is going thru his whine, everything is mine .. no i wont share with my brother you cant make me stage.
unfortunatly for him, he has learned that yes mummy can make him.. *grins*

tommy1979
28-May-07, 17:36
you could give it a try mate but maybe a cup of coffee would suffice instead? lol

danc1ngwitch
29-May-07, 20:06
I'm always up way to early, Sometimes during the night i lay awake listening to the silence.
All being very quiet in the early morning, then one by one they begin to wake and all of a sudden the house is alive[lol]