PDA

View Full Version : Cheap caravan wanted

Wizard
29-Jun-17, 13:57
Hi, wondering if anyone has a cheap (cheap cheap) caravan for sale, it will only need to last the summer (in one spot) - have a friends teenage kid coming to stay, and hoping to give her a better space then my old (but trusted​) tent! Have a budget of 50 quid - it's a long shot I know!! Thanks in advance

Bogbrush
29-Jun-17, 17:42
Have you considered papier mâché? Fifty quid might build you one :)

Wizard
29-Jun-17, 18:44
Awww i know it's a long shot!! But I can cross my fingers and wish ;)

Fulmar
30-Jun-17, 08:02
I think you have to consider whether such a caravan (if it exists!) is fit to put a teenager in or is it likely to be both a health, health and safety and fire hazard. A good quality tent which you can make sure is water proof is perhaps the better alternative and saves you from having to dispose of some dilapidated hulk at the end of the summer. If it's only going to be worth 50 quid, the said caravan probably won't even be move-able. All the same, I hope you find one that is suitable, by some miracle!

Wizard
30-Jun-17, 10:52
Thanks fulmar :) I am working on miracle!! In my head, am imagining a caravan that is destined for scrapping end of year.. still safe, if somewhat tatty, much loved and with some character, am imagining that the move to me will save the owner paying a scrappage fee (as they cost to get rid of), and... End of the year my handy man partner will rip her down to become a homemade trailer (2nd incarnation!!) So she can continue being loved!!

Fulmar
30-Jun-17, 15:11
Brilliant, I love it!
Hey, by the by, most teenagers I know will crash out on any suitable floor!

therealducati
01-Jul-17, 15:12
We have a Swift caravan that you can have for free, if you canremove it from Auckengill. It is complete inside (even still has fridge, thoughnot sure it works) BUT it has a broken window (covered, so interior is dry),flat tyres and the tow hook may be damaged, PM me if interested.

Wizard
02-Jul-17, 13:47
Aw! Real Ducati! Thanks so so much, but been saved by a work colleague of my partner who has offered us a loan of his!! Whew 😀 many many thanks!!