PDA

View Full Version : Windmills arriving

Tugmistress
21-May-07, 21:16
The 'Frida' came in today with more windmills ... i think they are going to Forss, they are certainly heading west of the harbour anyway.

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/components/com_ponygallery/img_pictures/a3_20070521_907023515.jpg

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/components/com_ponygallery/img_pictures/a2_20070521_-423362198.jpg

Seabird
21-May-07, 21:34
The 'Frida' came in today with more windmills ... i think they are going to Forss, they are certainly heading west of the harbour anyway.

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/components/com_ponygallery/img_pictures/a3_20070521_907023515.jpg

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/components/com_ponygallery/img_pictures/a2_20070521_-423362198.jpg

Yes your right.
My son got held up when they were turning onto the Industrial estate this afternoon at about 16.15

dozy
22-May-07, 14:39
The Turbines have made Mr Sutton an even RICHER man and not 1 turbine can be viewed from his £5 million unspoiled sunny Englandshire Mansion or his many homes overseas..

Rheghead
22-May-07, 20:09
The Turbines have made Mr Sutton an even RICHER man and not 1 turbine can be viewed from his £5 million unspoiled sunny Englandshire Mansion or his many homes overseas..

maybe those are unsuitable for them??

Cookerpebble
23-May-07, 17:09
I sometimes feel like i am the only one with this opinion, who isn't a complete greenie, but i don't think that wind turbines are a blight on the landscape. They look graceful, peaceful and are doing something to aid environmental concerns. I think there are many more unsightful things in our community, which many more people see than the odd few people complaining that their vista has been spoiled. I wish i could afford to install one, ok I don't have the land for a big one but would love a rooftop version. The term N.I.M.B.Y seems to apply over wind turbines.

dozy
23-May-07, 17:49
Hi .Cookerpebble why don't you try one of the Ridge runner turbines .They are a 12" Helix thats lays along the ridge of your roof and produces 2kw 240v this is feed into the emerser on you hot water tank and central heating ...

Ricco
24-May-07, 19:54
I sometimes feel like i am the only one with this opinion, who isn't a complete greenie, but i don't think that wind turbines are a blight on the landscape. They look graceful, peaceful and are doing something to aid environmental concerns. I think there are many more unsightful things in our community, which many more people see than the odd few people complaining that their vista has been spoiled. I wish i could afford to install one, ok I don't have the land for a big one but would love a rooftop version. The term N.I.M.B.Y seems to apply over wind turbines.

Nope, Cookerpebble. I like them as well. I would like to get one for my house, but I ma not sure about whether they are cost effective. I have been trying to get more info about how long the domestic ones last; what happens to them after this life span (which I hear is about 10 years) and whether they can be serviced back into use. Also, what is the carbon debt created by the manufacture of one? My gut feeling is that if their life span is only 10 years and if they just get scrapped after then... then they are just a big con.

Anyone got some answers? How about Dr Szin?

mareng
25-May-07, 19:42

I'm with you on this.................

They add to an otherwise dreary skyline in Caithness.

I think I'll send the boat up with another fifty in the summer.