PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Signals??

Lou18
07-Jun-05, 11:27
Thanks for the great link for unlocking my mobile. I managed to get the phone unlocked first time. I have another problem now if anybody can help me? The mobile worked fine on the O2 network for about 2 days, but then the signal disappeared, I have tried another orange SIM card in it, as well as a couple of other O2 ones, but the same thing happens - there is no signal?

Any suggestions?

linzy222
07-Jun-05, 11:49
Do u have a phone with no aerial?

The aerial is inside the phone and it is some sort of porceline and if u dropped your phone it might of broke

I have done it myself [mad]

Lou18
07-Jun-05, 11:58
Its a Nokia 6310 if that helps at all? Although I don't think it's been dropped or anything to cause something like that?

linzy222
07-Jun-05, 12:04
Sorry i don't know much about mobiles, all i know is that the aerial is inside your phone and that might be your problem

Someone on here might be-able to help u

Sorry i can't

2little2late
07-Jun-05, 16:38
Thanks for the great link for unlocking my mobile. I managed to get the phone unlocked first time. I have tried another orange SIM card in it, there is no signal?

Any suggestions?
Have you tried a different colour?i.e. red from vodafone.

jac1791
07-Jun-05, 18:05
can anyone help me -- im trying to unlock a motorola v171 , its on orange at the moment -- thx

2little2late
07-Jun-05, 19:21
can anyone help me -- im trying to unlock a motorola v171 , its on orange at the moment -- thx

Have you tried giving it something else to drink?

Lou18
08-Jun-05, 08:54
My friend gave me the mobile as she got a new one, so it used to be a contract phone. If the contract provider put a barr on the use of the phone is this what would happen - the signal would disappear?

linzy222
08-Jun-05, 17:45

Hi i bought the same phone from woolies last week hoping to get it unlocked but can't

I went to the mobile shop in wick and he can't do it as yet, but he did say give him a shout next week so i'll let u know if he can do it

jac1791
08-Jun-05, 17:53
hope it wasnt the moble shop i went to go to , down lane at cameo jewellers --- its closed down!!!

linzy222
08-Jun-05, 17:57
Never i was only in it on fri!!

Its ok coz the guy lives in Thurso and i have his mobile number so he'll do it at home

Moonboots
10-Jun-05, 11:58
Sorry I had to close due to Landlord reasons.

I am currently working from home until another premises comes along.

The Mot v171 cannot be unlocked at this time but it will be in the near future.

Regards
Paul

Lou18
10-Jun-05, 14:09
No suggestions on why i'm unable to get a signal apart from a broken ariel? I tried contacting Orange (the old network provider) but because it's an old contract phone and I'm not a contract holder with them they would not discuss the options.

girnigoe
10-Jun-05, 22:53
I went to buy the Orange Motorolla that is on offer in Woolies the other day and the woman behind the counter told me that Orange do not have a mast up here anymore! Although she did say that she knows someone with a phone on the Orange network and it works perfectly well.

I didnt buy it though because I didnt want to take the chance!!