PDA

View Full Version : Oh the sun has got his hat on... now it's off... no it's on... argh!

HelCat Training
01-Jun-17, 15:02
Well with a few really nice days passed that’s our summer officially started and, while some might quip that it’s likely all we’re getting, I prefer to follow the more optimistic ‘glass half full’ option and hope that we’ll get a few more sunny days yet! Saying that I burn to a crisp if I venture out for more than a few minutes so tend not to partake too much, but there’s something irresistible about Caithness bathed in sun that makes all the dreich weather we get throughout the year bearable.

We’d like to remind the large contingent of fair-skinned Caithnesians (approx. 90% of the county!) to be safety conscious and slap on the higher SPF creams when the time comes. Just like the song “Four seasons in one day” could easily have been written about a visit to Caithness, the joke ‘factor dufflecoat’ suncream seems to qualify as a distinctly Caithness-oriented product too, and seeing it online really made me chuckle!

Apart from yet another election, June brings with it a veritable BBQ of HelCat industrial and health & safety courses to choose from. Our tasty online (http://www.helcattraining.com/calendar/2017-06/) and PDF (http://www.helcattraining.com/download/training_calendars/HelCat-Training-Calendar.pdf) calendars are brimming with choice cuts, and Angela is working the grill to take your orders on 01847 894560 or emails to angela@helcattraining.com.

We also have a meaty selection of VQs, CITB card and HSE Tests, and our ISO QA consultancy is finger-licking good!

For July we’ve got First Aid at Work and IOSH Managing Safely (handy to ensure your BBQ area is certified safe!), as well as skewers of Mobile Towers, Non-Licensed Asbestos, PAT and Scaffolding so again contact Angela to book your places in advance. She may also be able to help with some course funding if required.

Are you looking for a room to run a course, hold a meeting or corporate event? If so then we have well-equipped and serviced rooms, of varying sizes, available for those purposes. Get in touch if you’d like to view our facilities or discuss further.

Also, a reminder that we do offer an out-of-hours training service should our usual hours not suit your requirements, but this is subject to availability.