PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone From Wick/Watten go to Thurso High School?

Sunflower
31-May-17, 17:13
Hi

I am just wondering if anyone from the Wick/Watten area goes to Thurso High School? The reason for asking is that once the new timings take effect, as far as I am aware the service bus will not get in on time for registration, and as the school is due to finish at 1535, they will miss the service bus that would normally take them home.

I know the above areas are out of catchment for Thurso, but in case anyone does go from these areas, I'm wondering if anyone has had any discussions with the school regarding the transport timings.

Thanks

kgs
31-May-17, 19:01
No discussion or consultation prior to the decision to make changes to the school times. Was told we would hear in due course about any changes to bus times. We are still waiting to hear anything.

kriklah
01-Jun-17, 18:09
hi, I spoke to the school this morning about this. my kids are going from halkirk, but get the 82 as the school bus is full. ( they used to get the spittal school bus but beginning of the year they stopped this bus, and it terminates in halkirk, so the spittlal kids have to change to the big school bus, leaving it short on seats) as my 2 wont push their way forward to get the school bus, they were ending up missing it, and didn't know they could get the 82 to start with so were ending up late after coming back home for a lift.

I asked at the school what happens now with the timetable change as like you, the 82 wont get to school on time and will leave them waiting an hour after school.

as yet the school still don't know what will be happening. stagecoach are aware of how many kids they need to transport, so it is possible they will either put on a second bus ( keep the spittal bus continuing on) or change the times of the 82 to accommodate.

Sunflower
02-Jun-17, 15:18
Thanks for the replies. If I get any further information I'll pop an update on here.

Sunflower
06-Jun-17, 22:52
Updated bus times on the High School Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/ThursoHigh/

badger
08-Jun-17, 18:31
Next Bus Users Group meeting where you can ask these questions is 2.0 next Thursday (15th) in the Norseman, Wick.

badger
16-Jun-17, 16:36
Bus times changed on Monday for new school times and new timetable is out or can be downloaded from Stagecoach website.