PDA

View Full Version : Looking for any help and information: Ashley House, Wick

ngc4725
15-May-17, 08:23
I am researching Ashley House, Wick (that was!)
I am interested in the history of its ownership as well as what it has been used for in the past. I would welcome anything including photos. Please do get in touch even the smallest bit of information will be helpful. Thanks in anticipation.

Mosser
15-May-17, 21:33
I am researching Ashley House, Wick (that was!)
I am interested in the history of its ownership as well as what it has been used for in the past. I would welcome anything including photos. Please do get in touch even the smallest bit of information will be helpful. Thanks in anticipation.

Ashley house was built by an Alexander Oag in, I think, 1886 and the lane re-named Oag Lane (formerly Rose Lane) as far as I know it was always residential flats, the large garden and livestock was tended to in its later years by Mr. & Mrs. Condie, (mostly by Sibby Condie) who occupied the basement flat.
The Johnston Collection, www.johnstoncollection.net has an image captured from their studio in what is now Riverside Home and it shows Ashley House on the right of the image, visit the web page and type Ashley House in the search box. I hope that this helps. Mosser

ngc4725
15-May-17, 22:05
Thanks so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to send this. It means alot.
S

katarina
27-May-17, 22:15
I lived across the road in Louisburgh Street. It was divided into several flats at that time. I remember the Condies.

ngc4725
31-Aug-21, 14:14
I am still looking for information about Ashley House in Wick. I am interested in anything about it that has not already been mentioned. Of particular interest is its owner history and dates up to it being demolished. Thanks in anticipation!

Kevin Milkins
12-Sep-21, 04:28
I had a conversation with Dan MacKay a while ago about this building and he seemed very knowledgeable about its past and its place in the community.

ngc4725
10-Mar-22, 16:41
I had a conversation with Dan MacKay a while ago about this building and he seemed very knowledgeable about its past and its place in the community.

Hello, better late than never...sorry, lost all my info when computer crashed . Dan Mackay? Would like to contact him for more info. Thanks so much.

Kevin Milkins
15-Mar-22, 01:34
I don't have a contact number for Dan , but I believe he is a correspondent for the Groat and well known in the community, I'm sure someone will give you his contact details.

dx100uk
16-Mar-22, 01:33
Hello, better late than never...sorry, lost all my info when computer crashed . Dan Mackay? Would like to contact him for more info. Thanks so much.

still got the hard drive?

dx

ngc4725
23-Mar-22, 15:59
Thank you will try and pursue a contact.