PDA

View Full Version : Cradle Cap

Ash
20-May-07, 13:16
hiya... my wee girl is 3now and she still suffers from cradle cap, sometimes it gets quite bad...doctor recommended dentox shampoo(didnt work) olive oil or baby oil and also it didnt work...any advice please! :roll:

karia
21-May-07, 21:30
Hi Ash,

I've found that 'Neutrogena" T/Gel ( dry hair) works a treat for that.

You used to get special combs that helped as well..worth asking!:)

Love Karia x

Baconbuttie
21-May-07, 23:37
Smother it in Vaseline and when well soaked in lift it with a nit comb. Worked a treat on our bairns.

Ash
22-May-07, 09:27
hey thank you everybody!! xx:D

marlyn
22-May-07, 20:21
Hi Ash

When my little girl had it quite bad, I used dentinox, I don't know if it is supposed to get rid of it but it certainly stopped it from getting any worse. If I were you I would certainly avoid Johnsons shampoo like the plague, it was that that triggered the cradle cap off in my wee one.

Bobinovich
22-May-07, 21:56
Smother it in Vaseline and when well soaked in lift it with a nit comb. Worked a treat on our bairns.

Spot on - exactly what we did with our 3 year old lassie. It's hellish stuff to get out of their hair eventually but was worth it.

lelebo
30-May-07, 16:03
my little girl was the same and she's 5 now but I'm allergic to sodium lauryl sulphate (check shampoo - they almost all contain it) - managed to find shampoo and conditioner set for £8.99 on www.theremustbeabetterway.com and my skin and her cradle cap and almost cured.....!! I read about it on the internet and it said that sls are one of the most common causes of these two things and also psorisis (sp.)

Ash
30-May-07, 16:19
hi. what is it called?

thank you :D

lelebo
04-Jun-07, 16:27
Hi there

Aubrey Organics - they had ranges for all different kinds of hair - I got the one for normal hair and its great.......her hair is prone to being a bit fluffy and even that has got better :D

Dadie
07-Jun-07, 21:43
if you are avoiding sls try horns and halos you can get it in tescos its not that expensive either £3 i think not much more than that anyway!

Ash
08-Jun-07, 09:48
if you are avoiding sls try horns and halos you can get it in tescos its not that expensive either £3 i think not much more than that anyway!

thank you but we have tried it, think im going to ask a doctor, wonder what they will say?