PDA

View Full Version : Council elections

veekay
20-Apr-17, 09:05
How on earth am I supposed to vote in the council elections when I haven't seen one of the prospective councillors let alone spoken to one. Are they all that sure of themselves that they see no need to make themselves known to we, the minions they presume they to represent.

Scunner
20-Apr-17, 10:11
How on earth am I supposed to vote in the council elections when I haven't seen one of the prospective councillors let alone spoken to one. Are they all that sure of themselves that they see no need to make themselves known to we, the minions they presume they to represent.

Glad to hear that I'm not alone. I would love to have a 'chat' with a few of them.

Alrock
20-Apr-17, 10:23

Just put an "X" in the box, it's easy...

Kevin Milkins
20-Apr-17, 12:09
I have had a few chats with Linda Malik that seems to be everywhere I look and more than willing to spend time to talk.

golach
21-Apr-17, 00:03
Just put an "X" in the box, it's easy...

Thats not how it works in Council Elections these days

Mr P Cannop
21-Apr-17, 09:24
this time its 1234 or 5 in the box you have to in each box you want

Bogbrush
21-Apr-17, 09:46
The Conservative chappie posted a leaflet through the door of my Halkirk den - and then ran away! :eek:

Shaggy
21-Apr-17, 09:50
The Conservative chappie posted a leaflet through the door of my Halkirk den - and then ran away! :eek:

You've been lucky, my letterbox has been stuff with all manners of political blurb this last week but did see Bill Fernie doing his own deliveries

2little2late
21-Apr-17, 20:09
Close your eyes and stick a dart in the ballot paper. The one nearest wins. Probably a better way of voting for our Councillors. You may be lucky and elect a half decent one for a change. But are there any half decent Councillors anyway?

abz02
22-Apr-17, 09:19
Ive had a pile of crappy leaflets through the door, only on candidate has actually knocked the door. All ive seen is a pile of rubbish on social media trying to supply surfers with somewhere to wash! Last time i looked there was a campsite facing the beach....

veekay
22-Apr-17, 11:19
Someone must have read my post for yesterday I received several bit of bumpf in the post!

Michael Dennis
23-Apr-17, 03:56
There appears to be a bit of a rammy on the Wick SNP Facebook page that everyone is talking about and the candidate for Wick (Raymond Bremner) is really not coming across very well at all.

It is the 2nd post down on "Gails Guide To Holyrood" that it is all kicking off in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/wicksnp/posts/

Shaggy
23-Apr-17, 10:08
"a bit of a rammy" and "everyone" appears to be 3 people having a conversation and voicing their concerns and issues. hardly front page news, i've seen better rammies and heated posts on here!

kosacid
23-Apr-17, 10:24
who to vote for i cant decide, SNP aren't getting my vote this time any suggestions who to vote for ?

Kenn
23-Apr-17, 14:49
I'm voting for the person I think will do the best job.
Have had a long and interesting conversation with a local independent candidate, a cursory reply from a query raised with the labour one and half a rain forest of leaflets through the letter box from various others.
As for the proportional representation, I just ignore the other candidates and place my one vote on the ballot paper, old fashioned maybe but at least I'm not voting for some one I don't want.

Sgitheanach
23-Apr-17, 16:09
unless you have spare money to hand over the Councillors are not intrested in normal people unless you are an enviromentalist

fingalmacool
23-Apr-17, 16:39
Same can be said for the Thurso guy if he doesn't like scrutiny on his social media pages he blocks whoever is giving him a hard time, not a very encouraging trait if you have no back bone or strong convincing arguments and commitment in your parties direction:confused

badger
26-Apr-17, 16:23
Thurso and North West Ward candidates will be in Pentland Hotel, Thurso, Saturday night from 7.0 according to today's Courier. Doesn't say anything about the other side of the county. Having only 8 councillors covering two much larger wards isn't going to do much to help Caithness and when did anyone last see our MP (Monaghan)?