PDA

View Full Version : Dave Pearce in Skinandis

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 12:20
Hey just wondering if anyone was at Dave Pearce in Skinz on fri night, what they thought of it?
:eyes

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Jun-05, 12:35
A 10th rate DJ at £14 a pop? Hmm... what's wrong with Nasthinho at Liquid? I hear he's a cut above the rest in town, though, no thanks to Cardosi Enterprises, won't be edging out Skins' resident Geordie anytime soon. And more's the pity.

I hear Shakin' Stevens is coming to Skins soon. Nuff' said.

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 12:35
Go to www.davepearce.co.uk, the pics r on there

chimo
06-Jun-05, 12:59
Go to www.davepearce.co.uk, the pics r on there

not with that comma at the end of the URL they aint :eek:

www.davepearce.co.uk

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 13:11
oh so sorry www.davepearce.co.uk

It was a bit of a rip off at £14 a ticket, didnt play choons as good as he does on radio 1. Some people obviously thought he was a god though! hilarious! :lol:

Drutt
06-Jun-05, 13:46
Oh my word, those photos! :D

I suspect a few people will feel embarrassed if they see those photos, and if they're not then they should be. :eek:

What a great advert for the ills of binge drinking, huh? :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Jun-05, 13:57
Quite. :eek:

champagnebaby
06-Jun-05, 14:55
Some state o photos right enuff, lol

DrSzin
06-Jun-05, 15:00
Ach! Drutt & Pepsi, you two are just envious. :roll:

It looks to me like a bunch of young people having a good time. Ok, so maybe some of them appear to have had a wee bit too much to drink, but I can't say I didn't do similar things at their age. In fact, I will admit to having indulged a little this last weekend too.

At least they're not wearing hoodies so they must be ok. ;)

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 15:15
I dont think it was just drink that was making them all look so rough!!
And here, shut it, my pic is on there!!

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Jun-05, 15:21
Ach! Drutt & Pepsi, you two are just envious. :roll:
;)

Envious of what exactly, good doctor? :D

DrSzin
06-Jun-05, 15:26
Envious of people having a good time. :D

Alexander Rowe
06-Jun-05, 15:33
I dont think it was just drink that was making them all look so rough!!
And here, shut it, my pic is on there!!

Who are you then ;)

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 16:10
Im Caithnessgirl

Little Mouse
06-Jun-05, 16:38
Some of the photos are awful....think some people think their on the catwalk or a photo shoot for a glamour mag!!!! [lol]

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 16:40
yeah i no... a few certain ppl in particular!!! (no names mentioned!) Funny tho!

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Jun-05, 16:52
Envious of people having a good time. :D

C'mon, Doc, you know perfectly well my life is a perennial rollercoaster of dabauchery and alcohol-fuelled mayhem. Though it must be said, the safe tranqulity of Edinburgh's bourgois bohemia is ever-calling my name. Fat chance of us ever shaking our collective tail-feather's on the Skinandis dance floor, eh? More chance of seeing me standing outside Revolution on a Saturday night with a six-inch stab wound to my chest. We are the people, as Rangers fans may suggest.

daviddd
06-Jun-05, 19:28
mmm- looks like a good night. I never realised there were so many attractive women in Thurso - they usually look a little bit more shabby and dingy except on the one day a year when the sun shines :roll: . And SO many women there, just a mere couple of balding blokes by the looks of it - ooo if I were 10 years younger! :D

©Amethyst
06-Jun-05, 21:49
there's three pics of me on there... gutted... will have words with John what took them pics... he said they wouldn't be on the internet!!!

champagnebaby
06-Jun-05, 23:26
I never realised there were so many attractive women in Thurso :D

There ain't - half the lassies in the pics are wickers, lol [lol] :p

Alexander Rowe
06-Jun-05, 23:29
Im Caithnessgirl

And a sense of humour.

Marry me.

caithnessgirl
06-Jun-05, 23:35
im sure that was serious!! :lol:

Alexander Rowe
07-Jun-05, 00:02
It was

*blushes*

caithnessgirl
07-Jun-05, 10:30
ha ha yeah! such a sense of humour! :lol:

Setanta
07-Jun-05, 11:07
Im Caithnessgirl

come own up which pic no.

Alexander Rowe
07-Jun-05, 11:11

Which photo number you in ? I was there on Friday although am not in any of the photos. Private message me it if you like.

mareng
07-Jun-05, 12:37

Which photo number you in ? I was there on Friday although am not in any of the photos. Private message me it if you like.

For God's sake, you two - get a room! :roll:

Oh - and you'll be able to spot the girls from Wick - they're the ones with the moustaches :evil

squidge
07-Jun-05, 13:26

Oooooooooooooooooh is this a message board romance?

caithnessgirl
07-Jun-05, 16:32
Eh no! im taken thanx very much!! and i wont be sending any1 my pic
:o)

cullbucket
07-Jun-05, 18:09
Its great seeing these pictures of Flicks again, I can never remember what the place looks like as I have to be blazing to even want to go there (see binge drinking thread). Last I remembered it had a separate upstairs and downstairs and the DJ shouted at anyone who danced too close to the DJ Booth as it made his records jump....

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Jun-05, 22:57
Its great seeing these pictures of Flicks again, I can never remember what the place looks like as I have to be blazing to even want to go there (see binge drinking thread). Last I remembered it had a separate upstairs and downstairs and the DJ shouted at anyone who danced too close to the DJ Booth as it made his records jump....

Ah, heady days, cullbucket. Features, Flicks, whatever... fill another cup with nostalgia. ;)

caithnessgirl
09-Jun-05, 10:00
so what did the ppl who were actually there think of it? Worth the cash? :eyes

©Amethyst
11-Jun-05, 14:01
I thought it was good. I was more excited about Edith whats-her-face coming up. lol... is it Bowman? Something like that. 'Cept she's cancelled, but should be coming up on a different date. So still happier about that than Pearce.

As for worth my money, I'm not so sure. I seemed to have way more fun last night (DJ Andy is ace) than I did at Dave Pearce.

And cullbucket, I hear that it's due for another refurbishment. not sure if it's true or not. I hope so. My feet keep sticking to that carpet and my skirt last night kept sticking to the railings at the side of the dance floor! lol

codex
12-Jun-05, 03:31
I thought it was crap....i was in an out like a flash...they should of had me on the decks..
Massive respect to dave pearce but his pop cheese tunage dont do it for me no more.....soon we might have "Addiction" Hosting outdoor events in caithness something better to look forward to....As for edith bowan..thats insane its like having Dj Rankin Do an hour set

caithnessgirl
12-Jun-05, 17:01
has edith bowman cancelled? do u know when shes meant to be cumin up?
I reckon that'd be a good nite! :o)

Jeid
12-Jun-05, 23:13
from what i make of the Edith situation, she's cancelled the 8th of July date but its being re-scheduled. i'll ask at work though

caithnessgirl
13-Jun-05, 10:56
ok cool thanx....let us know!