PDA

View Full Version : Summer holidays

George Brims
18-May-07, 17:59
Prompted by Sir Percy's thread on his trip North, I thought I would ask where everyone is going for their summer holidays?

Me: Indianapolis in June for the Formula 1, and maybe somewhere else later but nothing planned yet.

Fluff
18-May-07, 18:59
The boyfriend and i are going to Edinburgh in the first week of June.

I have been there loads of times as my brother used to live there, but i realised i have never done the tourist thing, so we are going to see the castle etc..

cant wait to go back and see the penguins...

Margaret M.
18-May-07, 19:31
Bonnie Scotland for a couple of weeks.

golach
18-May-07, 19:49
Yamas, the Island of Crete in June to meet our pals from Holland

footie chick
18-May-07, 19:51
At home :( hope the weather is good.
Home improvements come first apparently:~(

Rheghead
18-May-07, 19:52
I was to go to Rhum, Eigg and Muck this week for 7 days but my friend didn't want to go with the weather being bad so I am at a loose end.:(

Solus
18-May-07, 21:01
Hopefully over to Crete some time in july to visit friends then a trip to Jamacia or Maldives back end of the year , cant wait !

Bobinovich
18-May-07, 21:10
We're taking the kids to Butlins in Skegness!!!

changilass
18-May-07, 22:06
We are taking the boy and the grannies to Cornwall, should be fun :roll: :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-07, 22:12
Going to Costa Del Caithness.Hear its goin to be a roaster this summer.Bring on the sun tan lotion.:D

brandy
18-May-07, 22:34
we are planning euro disney, just a big treat for all of us!

Victoria
19-May-07, 00:20
The Highlands!!! (isnt that the only place worth going to on holiday?)

Rheghead
19-May-07, 00:51
The Highlands!!! (isnt that the only place worth going to on holiday?)

Yes for 30-somethings with time on their hands. I think it needs a lot of work for the Highlands to appeal to young families though. I did go to Lerwick a few years ago and they seem to have got things sorted. We need to take a leaf outta their book.

crayola
19-May-07, 01:48
Have a couple of jaunts planned so far. LA and Georgemas. Not much to choose between them.

Sporran
19-May-07, 02:25
Looks like it's going to be Chez Nous for us again! :roll: Haven't had a proper holiday since we were in Italy four years ago! :~(

SNOWDOG
19-May-07, 07:58
Spain again. The sprog loves it! :)

paris
19-May-07, 08:56
Were going to ourgate.........at the bottom of our garden LOL . BUT at some point this year we want to come back up to Lybster to see my bestest friends !!!! jan x

paris
19-May-07, 08:58
We're taking the kids to Butlins in Skegness!!!
That's about 19 miles from where we live. Hope your into slot machines etc as skegg is full of them . Jan x

sassylass
19-May-07, 19:00
Roll on July! My daughter and I are going to Vancouver Island, I am sooooo excited!

karia
19-May-07, 20:35
Family ill-health dictates a short break for now,...some time in the warmth
of our friends in Sutherland.:) Then some time in rural Perthshire.

All journeys courtesy of 'skin so soft'!:lol:

karia

Alice in Blunderland
19-May-07, 20:58
Husband coming to work in Wick this summer so no holiday for us as he will be just starting the new job. :~(

Fran
20-May-07, 02:27
Hopefully going to Amsterdam for a few days if himself is well enough.

Lolabelle
20-May-07, 06:20
Maybe to the snow???? Ha ha. Sorry guys, we are just cooling down and making phone calls for fire wood deliveries.
Have a lovely summer and for all going away, and happy and healthy holiday.

riggerboy
21-May-07, 18:25
we are going to blackrock as we do most weekends, school holidays and any spare time we get, lovely place to chill and find new and old friends

laguna2
21-May-07, 19:19
The boyfriend and i are going to Edinburgh in the first week of June.

I have been there loads of times as my brother used to live there, but i realised i have never done the tourist thing, so we are going to see the castle etc..

cant wait to go back and see the penguins...

I can highly recommend a visit to Mary King's Close. It is on the Royal Mile.

dunderheed
22-May-07, 08:15
we're going back to gran canaria this year (6 weeks time) , we are also looking at the net for next years break already

scotty_mags
22-May-07, 09:56
We are flying back to Miami again in Sept, love America but went to Miami for 1st time last year for a change and hubby loved it.
We then do a cruise over to the Bahamas for a few days, different way of life over there and the people are soooo friendly it reminds me of Caithness folk....

:o) :o)

Elenna
22-May-07, 10:42
Going to Costa Del Caithness.Hear its goin to be a roaster this summer.Bring on the sun tan lotion.:D

HeeHee...us too, Cedric. Maybe we ought to to apply to set up some concessions at the North Baths ;). I'll do the deck chairs, and you can run the bar!

dunderheed
22-May-07, 10:51
HeeHee...us too, Cedric. Maybe we ought to to apply to set up some concessions at the North Baths ;). I'll do the deck chairs, and you can run the bar!

i heard cedric is going diving for trolleys at the trinkie this year:lol:

rockchick
23-May-07, 19:51
Roll on July! My daughter and I are going to Vancouver Island, I am sooooo excited!

Take me with you!!! I grew up there...it's been so long since I was back! Hope you have a great time.

celtic lass
23-May-07, 22:11
going camping that way you can please yourself leaving caravan at home taking tent instead staying in bonnie scotland