PDA

View Full Version : Chuffed to bits!

Bobinovich
17-May-07, 21:17
There are many points during a childs development when you get that heart-bursting moment of pride, when they achieve something for which they have been struggling for a while. Tonight was one such moment.

Our 7-year-old son has been swimming for ages, is confident in the water and, like his old man, loves being underwater. However he's not a strong swimmer and has been trying in vain to do a complete width of the pool without stopping.

Tonight he did it. Twice!

As if my own praise wasn't enough, one of the lifeguards, who has watched his struggle, came over and told him how well he'd done!!

He then went on to do another first - diving at the deep end of the pool to pick up a weighted ring. Not half bad for 7 I'd say.

He came home bursting to tell mum and not to say we're all chuffed to bits :D

Ash
17-May-07, 21:20
hey thats great! well done! :D
you must be soo proud!

changilass
17-May-07, 21:25
Well done little bob, hope you got a nice treat as a reward when you got home:D

Angela
17-May-07, 21:31
Aww that's great, well done to wee bob! :)

I know these moments bobinovich, like there's a giant bubble of happiness right inside your chest! :D

marylund2323
17-May-07, 21:42
jesus thats great!!...i coudlnt even swim until i was 13

Rheghead
17-May-07, 21:49
Fantastic! You must be really proud. Congrats:)

brokencross
18-May-07, 07:20
A lovely heart warming story to start my day, well done to the young Bobette, and good luck in his next challenge, whatever it may be.

golach
18-May-07, 10:10
Well done wee bob, and ty beeg bob for that nice wee heart warming story, wee bob has done something I wish I could do....swim [disgust]

Penelope Pitstop
18-May-07, 10:35
That's great, sometimes it just takes something to "click" and they're away.

Also, doesn't it just show how important it is to encourage our children.....there's no end to what they can achieve:Razz

bigjjuk
18-May-07, 11:31
I think my son is in the same class or in the same session, he won his 10m badge yesterday. He is like a man who has just won the lottery. Well done to your boy, its great to seem them thrive eh?

Elenna
18-May-07, 12:38
Awww...thats wonderful, Bob. Many congratulations to your little lad. There will be no stopping him now!

Liz
18-May-07, 12:55
Bob it is so heartwarming to hear from a Dad who is so proud of his wee boy's achievements.

Well done wee Bob!:D

Max
18-May-07, 13:32
That is a lovely story - thanks for sharing it with us :)

Angela
18-May-07, 13:42
It's so nice to hear something good and positive isn't it?

Can I just share with you all the fact that my baby granddaughter started crawling this week....:D

She'd been rolling all over the place for ages and even crawling backwards, but moving forwards hadn't quite "clicked".

I didn't witness this moment -but my daughter did, and she was on the phone to me at the time, going "Mum! Mum!" etc... She said she's had to resist texting all her friends to let them know.

These moments are such fun! Of course thay're now having to extend the babyproofing of their house a bit further. [lol]

emszxr
18-May-07, 13:48
well done to wee bob. what a great achievement for him. bet he was over the moon. nothing like watching your kids grow up and reach such goals.

johno
18-May-07, 15:40
yea bob a pat on the back for the lad. a real confidence builder.
maybe an up & coming Marc Spitz in the making?

Victoria
18-May-07, 15:52
Well done mini bob!!!!

I wasn't a very strong swimmer at first and I had to have extra lessons because I was frightened of the water but as soon as I got my first ribbon (for swimming the width) they couldn't stop me!!!!

NickInTheNorth
18-May-07, 16:20
a real heart warmer. Well done that wee fella, a great skill to have in life. You just never know when it might even save a live, your own or someone else's.