PDA

View Full Version : Heat & Power pipe laying disruption

AllanT
17-May-07, 20:04
Whilst the provision of cheaper heating bills is great I must have a wee moan about the disruption being caused during the laying of the pipes. I realise that it is impossible to avoid some disruption but at the moment parts of Barrogill Street, Macrae Street, Brown Place, Beaufoy Street, Dempster Street and Malcolm Street are dug up all at the same time!!

Is it to much to ask for one street to be finished before the next one is started?

Mizpah
17-May-07, 22:45
Here here, could not agree with you more it seems really crazy that they dig up so much at one time, I think it could be managed better.:(

dirdyweeker
17-May-07, 23:19
.............more noticeable because of all the holdups at the town centre due to Bridge Street being resurfaced. Seems everywhere one drives in Wick there is roadworks, or is it just where I drive?

brokencross
18-May-07, 07:28
We had a similar problem down here when roads, paths and pavements were all dug up to lay the cables for the Cable TV system. It spread like a nasty rash.
What was even more silly was they dug up pavements and roads which had only been newly laid one month before on our new estate.