PDA

View Full Version : Racism on this site - An open letter to Mr> Fernie

Anfield
30-Mar-17, 12:01
Dear Mr. Fernie,
It is now over 36 hours since DSOTM posted his racist diatribe on the "Police "targetting" young drivers (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?261500-Police-quot-targetting-quot-young-drivers)" thread on this site, and still this post remains on this site.
I am aware of at least 5 people who have reported this post, 3 of whom have confirmed in posts on this thread.

I note that posts relating to light hearted banter regarding Old Firm football matches will be removed from this site, but the above post still remains.

I am sure you will agree that this post borders on the verge of a criminal offence, and I quote from Citizens Advice Scotland

".. An offence is racially or religiously aggravated if, at the time it is committed, the offender is insulting about the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a racial or religious group, or the offence is motivated by hostility towards members of a particular racial or religious group. To prove that the offence is aggravated by prejudice you are likely to need evidence of the malice and ill-will, for example, because of what the person said or other ways in which you know there were threatening communications.

If someone stirs up hatred of a particular racial group or religion, for example, by publishing or distributing insulting information, they may be prosecuted for racial or religious hatred. Information can include printed material such as leaflets or magazines. It can also include content on websites, emails and internet chat rooms. You can report internet content which stirs up racial hatred to the Internet Watch Foundation at: www.iwf.org.uk (http://www.iwf.org.uk/). You can make a report without giving your name...
I trust that you will instruct your moderators to remove said post, and assist with the Police if they decide that DSOTM has committed an offence

Thank you,
Anfield

mi16
30-Mar-17, 12:38
I feel that the site owner owes the user of this forum an explanation as to why this has been left online.
if the site cannot be moderated suitably then it is best if the forum is taken offline.
the posts by DSOTM are highly offensive to any person of sane mind.

Ballymore
30-Mar-17, 13:18
I reported DSTOTM's racists remarks too and am also surprised it is still there.
Where are the Moderators?

Bored
30-Mar-17, 14:16
Have emailed him but also tried all his telephone numbers, surprisingly all busy or go straight to fax. Must be on a jolly to get votes? I agree, thread violates football and religion rules, it is offensive and the less we respond to it the better. But it should be removed.

mi16
30-Mar-17, 14:34
Perhaps the op could lock it

cptdodger
30-Mar-17, 17:33
I reported this person using the triangle as well. I have also contacted the Police, they advised me to contact the moderators in case it takes a while to remove a thread and person. I have no idea who the moderators are. I have explained what the Police said to the moderators (when I reported the post). I also advised them if there is no explanation as to what is happening with the posts on that thread, or they are not removed by this time tomorrow. I will contact the Police again to make a formal report.

The Horseman
30-Mar-17, 18:16
Gawd...what is wrong with you....Give 'peace' a chance....read the posts closely and pick out the parts you feel are racist.....post them.
The initiater can do what they want with this thread......

Niall Fernie
30-Mar-17, 20:04
Apologies for being somewhere else and doing other things in the nice weather.

I've removed the whole thread and banned the main offender.

Oh and thanks for everyone reporting the thread, that is the correct thing to do, I just wasn't available to read the reports.