PDA

View Full Version : A9 Disabled Toilets - help wanted

a9traveller
23-Mar-17, 11:01
Hi All
I will be traveling up to John O'Groats next week with my wife who is confined to a wheelchair. Does anyone know of disabled toilets en route, north of Inverness, that we can depend on to be open. We will be traveling during the daytime and have a Radar key.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Bored
23-Mar-17, 13:23
Golspie public loo. Tesco Wick.

Fulmar
23-Mar-17, 14:33
The Storehouse of Foulis beside the Cromarty Firth just a mile or so north of the Cromarty Firth bridge. It is on the right hand side going north. Has a very good restaurant/cafe and shop as well. Well worth stopping at!
Have a good trip up.

Gronnuck
23-Mar-17, 18:14
Asda at Tain have facilities

oldchemist
23-Mar-17, 20:15
Tall Pines near Dornoch

south view 7
23-Mar-17, 20:31
Helmsdale public toilets..

a9traveller
23-Mar-17, 22:06
Thank you all for your help.

There is information out there on the web, but it's mostly incomplete or inconsistent. For example, Tesco's own website makes no mention of disabled toilets at it's Wick store, yet does for its Tain store. Asda lists toilets at its Tain store, but no mention of disabled. And there's a good(ish) site that shows all public toilets in the UK - but no mention of disabled at Helmsdale and it has the Golspie toilets only open in the summer!

Your local knowledge is priceless.

gerry4
23-Mar-17, 22:40
Golspie is open all year round. Tesco's in Wick definitely does have one, as does the Co-Op. I am sure there is a disabled Public toilet at John O' groats

Fulmar
24-Mar-17, 08:44
Lidl in Wick only has single disabled toilets for all folk to use. The facility is of a high standard too. The store is on the left just as you enter Wick.

Fran
25-Mar-17, 00:09
Brora and Golspie hospital

Tyke
25-Mar-17, 11:37
You would be more that welcome to use the disabled facilities at Ramscraigs Boarding Kennels. We are open from 8am to 6pm daily.

Kodiak
25-Mar-17, 12:58
For the Disabled Toilets at Golspie a RADAR Key is Required. The Toilets are in the Car Park which on the left as you drive North through the Village. Drive through the Car Park and the Toilets are on the Right, the Disabled Toilets have one Disabled Parking Bay close to the Toilet. Have a Good Trip and lots of FUN.