PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Mail

scotsboy
17-May-07, 09:46
Has its circulation increased in Caithness?

Spring Flower
17-May-07, 16:21
Has its circulation increased in Caithness?

why do you ask?

percy toboggan
17-May-07, 22:24
Good newspaper, which often Mirrors my thoughts (no pun) Quality writers with minimal obsession on celebrity. Satisfies my right wing agenda, and occasionally infuriates my left wing agenda. (I have both you see, no pigeon holes here)
Depresses me on a regular basis but I've bought it every day now for six years so I must like it really.

My only beef is it continually refers to the 'middle-class' yet never defines what they are. I personally do not believe there is such a thing. There's an upper class / those who have to work to pay their bills, some of whom read books, read to their children, respect others and abide by the law / and there are lazy idle good for nothings who throw MacDonalds packaging our of their car. The former should be tolerated....the middle group venerated...and the latter group castrated.

Disgusted:Tonbridge Wells

Fluff
17-May-07, 22:25
i do like reading the paper, but oh god do i hate a 'daily mail campain' and the way they are always attacking the NHS!

brokencross
18-May-07, 07:41
Used to read the Express, not anymore.
Now read the Daily Mail on the internet every day. Littlejohn has everyone totally sussed and takes no prisoners with his barbed critique.
OK it has a political agenda but I agree with percy toboggan about the overall content. I don't think they bash the NHS as such, but more the incompetent managers and pen pushers who have mis-spent the large amounts of tax payers money "invested" in it.
(Don't live in Cathness, so doesn't really answer the poster's original question, maybe they are asking because some of the posts have a hint of Mailisms in them)