PDA

View Full Version : In the ear digital hearing aids

gavia stellata
03-Mar-17, 19:03
Hello all I wondered if any of you have any experience of in the ear digital hearing aids and have any reccommendations as to the best (most reliable)
suppliers in Inverness. Any information would be much appreciated.

Bill Fernie
03-Mar-17, 20:39
Speak to the people at the Sensory Centre in Thurso or Wick
Opening Times:
Wick: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 10.00am - 2.00pm
Thurso: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00am - 2.00pm

hsc@sensorycentre.org.uk

Contact
Wick Office
The Sensory Centre
23 Telford Street
Wick
KW1 5EQ
Tel: 01955 606170

Contact
Thurso Office
The Sensory Centre
9 Riverside Place
Thurso
KW14 8BZ
Tel: 01847 895636

http://sensorycentre.org.uk/

2little2late
03-Mar-17, 22:16
There's a digital hearing aid place in Inverness. I wish I knew who it was I would advise you not to go there. He ripped my father off a right treat. Cost him about £3,000 and my dad had to pay every time to get them re calibrated when needed. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Mosser
03-Mar-17, 22:51
Speak to the people at the Sensory Centre in Thurso or Wick
Opening Times:
Wick: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 10.00am - 2.00pm
Thurso: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00am - 2.00pm

hsc@sensorycentre.org.uk

Contact
Wick Office
The Sensory Centre
23 Telford Street
Wick
KW1 5EQ
Tel: 01955 606170

Contact
Thurso Office
The Sensory Centre
9 Riverside Place
Thurso
KW14 8BZ
Tel: 01847 895636

http://sensorycentre.org.uk/

Couldn't agree more, great service and my NHS digital aid is first class,why go private or go to Inverness and pay a fortune?

pat
04-Mar-17, 11:24
Go to Hearing Advisory Centre or go to GP and request a referral to audio department - may take some time but at least you know what you are dealing with - they are not trying to sell y ou something at very inflated prices.

gavia stellata
04-Mar-17, 18:37
Thank you all for your responses I will pay a visit to one of the Hearing Advisory Centres.

Kodiak
05-Mar-17, 22:24
Go to Hearing Advisory Centre or go to GP and request a referral to audio department - may take some time but at least you know what you are dealing with - they are not trying to sell y ou something at very inflated prices.

I have a pair of Digital Hearing Aids from NHS. I was referred to Audiology Department in Raigmore in October 2014 and I eventually got an Appointment in July 2015. I then received my Hearing Aids in February 2016. So all in all I had to wait 16 months for the Hearing Aids. Since then I have had to send them back several times and although they do repair them within 2 weeks it is annoying to be without them.

So if you do get referred to the Audiology Department in Raigmore, be prepare for a Long wait to get your Hearing Aid/s.