PDA

View Full Version : Gameshow

Alexander Rowe
03-Jun-05, 13:49
Has anybody ever appeared on a gameshow on TV before ? I seem to remember somebody from Wick on Who wants to be a millionaire, possibly wrong.

The reason I ask is I had a dream last night I was on The Weakest link hosted by Trisha Goddard for some reason, and I was wearing nothing but socks. Not sure what this means.

Then I woke and thought I wonder if anyone off Caithness.org has been on the telly before.

colmac
03-Jun-05, 13:55
I know there was a manny from Canisbay on Millionaire a couple of months ago, but he didn't make it past the fastest finger round. If I were to ever get on that show, it is the FF round that would stop me from getting any further!!

Alexander Rowe
03-Jun-05, 14:04
I know there was a manny from Canisbay on Millionaire a couple of months ago, but he didn't make it past the fastest finger round. If I were to ever get on that show, it is the FF round that would stop me from getting any further!!

Think if I was only wearing socks the furthest I'd get was security.

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Jun-05, 14:14
I vividly remember two old biddy's from Wick (or "Wiek" as they pronounced it) appearing on Jim Bowen's Bullseye during the mid-80s. Utterly cringeworthy - they weren't changin' their accent for "no chiel".

dragonfly
03-Jun-05, 14:15

Yeah that was Keith Muir, from Muir Money Management, he has a financial column in the JoG Journal every now and then.

Also remember seeing a lady from Wick on Weakest Link, never watched it all so don't know how she got on!

scorrie
03-Jun-05, 14:46
I vividly remember two old biddy's from Wick (or "Wiek" as they pronounced it) appearing on Jim Bowen's Bullseye during the mid-80s. Utterly cringeworthy - they weren't changin' their accent for "no chiel".

Just for the record, they were NOT old biddies, I don't think Alice was more than her mid twenties at the time and Lorna not a lot older.

I don't recall anything cringeworthy about it, they made it through to the final board and as for not changing their accent, why should they have done? Is it compulsory to talk in one's best Oxbridge accent just because one is appearing on TV?

I am sure it would have been a lot more cringeworthy listening to two Weekers referring to Boooly's Pras Bawd and stating that "One has had a sooper day James but one is going to gambol since one has come a long way from the Royal Burrow of Wick and it is a once in a layftime chence"

For real embarrassment you should have checked out Family Fortunes on challange TV today.

Les Dennis:- "Name SOMEONE you would associate with Liverpool"

Contestant:- "The Yellow Brick Road"

Now THAT'S making an erse oh yersel!!

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Jun-05, 15:24

Just for the record, they were NOT old biddies, I don't think Alice was more than her mid twenties at the time and Lorna not a lot older.

I don't recall anything cringeworthy about it, they made it through to the final board and as for not changing their accent, why should they have done? Is it compulsory to talk in one's best Oxbridge accent just because one is appearing on TV?

I am sure it would have been a lot more cringeworthy listening to two Weekers referring to Boooly's Pras Bawd and stating that "One has had a sooper day James but one is going to gambol since one has come a long way from the Royal Burrow of Wick and it is a once in a layftime chence"

For real embarrassment you should have checked out Family Fortunes on challange TV today.

Les Dennis:- "Name SOMEONE you would associate with Liverpool"

Contestant:- "The Yellow Brick Road"

Now THAT'S making an erse oh yersel!!

Quality response, scorrie. I bow down to your quality post.

In 1985 - was that when it was on? - I was only 8-years-old. Their accents did make me cringe, though. I love the Caithness accent - especially the dialect - but I'm glad I don't speak that way.

:)

neep___docker
03-Jun-05, 23:10
Yeah that was Keith Muir, from Muir Money Management

That'll be the same man who is also a Business Advisor with CASE (Caithness & Sutherland Enterprise).

Money Management / CASE / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

There's at least a couple of ironic connections in there somewhere. ;)

teddybear1873
04-Jun-05, 00:01
wasnt lorraine coghill from thurso on bullseye aboot 16 odd years ago

champagnebaby
04-Jun-05, 03:33
Think the deasties were on crimewatch, lol
[lol] :lol:

scotsboy
04-Jun-05, 08:58
Halkirk based family on Family Fortunes many year ago.

webmannie
04-Jun-05, 10:23
Neep__________________dockerse

You have some serious personality problems, the slightest opportunity you get you take a pot at CASE. It doesn't matter that the topic has nothing to do with CASE, you will somehow get a dig in.

It is getting very annoying, Keith is one of the most genuine guys i've ever met, he's a sound chek!

Don't mess with people you don't know!

zapper
04-Jun-05, 11:16
I remember Lorraine Munro nee Coghill on Bullseye and i also remember one of our old Teachers at wick High being on Mastermind. Norman "Humpy" Izzet as he is fondly rememberd appeared on Mastermind many moons ago choosing Ancient Athens as his subject. Much to the amusment of all pupils he scored next to diddly squat. :lol:

moshmosh
04-Jun-05, 12:05
Dennis Lundie was on a Grampian game show with some others for the Dounreay Club. I think it was the Dounreay Club maybe the Seaforth.

willrob
04-Jun-05, 12:15
I think it was Summers Smith from Reiss who appeared on The Golden Shot. How's that for a blast from the past.

neep___docker
04-Jun-05, 12:25
......Keith is one of the most genuine guys i've ever met, he's a sound chek

But his employer has written a few unsound cheques in the last few years totalling around £3million, if the analysis is anything to go by.

flyfifer
04-Jun-05, 21:45
Dennis Lundie was on a Grampian game show with some others for the Dounreay Club. I think it was the Dounreay Club maybe the Seaforth.

I think the show was called "Top Team" and was hosted by Frank Gilfeather. Wick Round Table tried to get on it a few times but were not successful :~(

scorrie
04-Jun-05, 22:35
I remember Lorraine Munro nee Coghill on Bullseye and i also remember one of our old Teachers at wick High being on Mastermind. Norman "Humpy" Izzet as he is fondly rememberd appeared on Mastermind many moons ago choosing Ancient Athens as his subject. Much to the amusment of all pupils he scored next to diddly squat. :lol:

What is it with people's memories of gameshows? Mr Izzet won his first round heat on Mastermind, he was out with the washing in the next round but no mean achievement to win a heat, particularly since it was still Mastermind in those days and not the dumbed down version that exists today.

For the record Dennis Lundie represented the Seaforth Club in Top Club and was carried by the late Jim Bain and Sandy Cornwall. They defeated the CAB team from Thurso in the first round before going out in the next phase. However, as Jim so succinctly put it, "At least we beat those "Thurso Cabs" or words to that effect.

Let's see you beat "Humpy's" acheivement!!

zapper
05-Jun-05, 07:54
my humble appologies to Mr Izzet. I have neither the desire and more probably neither the knowledge or intelect to even attempt to outshine the humptster.

Invader
05-Jun-05, 15:54
Humpeeeeeeeeeeee....

Phweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! !!!!

:evil