PDA

View Full Version : What jobs can't you be sacked from

Recycle it
25-Feb-17, 12:02
Is there a group of jobs that you can't be sacked from . We knew that being an MP ( Orkney) even if you admit that you have lied you still keep the job, the money and pension. Council officials that waste huge amounts of TAXPAYERS money don't get sacked ,but promoted. Be that schools ,council offices or heating projects. How many others are they , let us know.

Kodiak
25-Feb-17, 15:37
The Queen and all her family, :D

mi16
25-Feb-17, 16:38
Any self employed position

Westward
25-Feb-17, 18:33
Is there a group of jobs that you can't be sacked from . We knew that being an MP ( Orkney) even if you admit that you have lied you still keep the job, the money and pension. Council officials that waste huge amounts of TAXPAYERS money don't get sacked ,but promoted. Be that schools ,council offices or heating projects. How many others are they , let us know.

Crofting Convener, ( Crofting Commission ) was asked to resign but refused to do so.

Rheghead
25-Feb-17, 19:50
President of FIFA?

Kodiak
26-Feb-17, 00:20
Any self employed position

True but you can go Bankrupt.

mi16
26-Feb-17, 01:11
True but you can go Bankrupt.

going bankrupt isn't being sacked thought, plenty folk have gone under self employed and stated up again

sids
26-Feb-17, 09:31
Voters can easily sack any MP, at the next election.

Rheghead
26-Feb-17, 10:30
Farmers can't be sacked, they're getting plenty of subsidies which aren't based upon food production.

Aaldtimer
26-Feb-17, 12:46
I seem to remember a heck of a lot of bother to get rid of a local Sherriff a few years ago.:cool:

golach
26-Feb-17, 17:36
Farmers can't be sacked, they're getting plenty of subsidies which aren't based upon food production.
the Scottish farmers subsidies are not being paid by the SNP government, they are holding them back.
But I believe vegetarians need farmers to grow their food as well

Rheghead
26-Feb-17, 18:10
the Scottish farmers subsidies are not being paid by the SNP government, they are holding them back.
But I believe vegetarians need farmers to grow their food as well

The SNP are not holding back the subsidies. And only about 10% of all subsidies go to food suitable for vegetarians.

cullpacket
26-Feb-17, 19:13
A alcoholic ?

sids
27-Feb-17, 08:17
going bankrupt isn't being sacked thought, plenty folk have gone under self employed and stated up again

Plenty of sacked employees get new jobs too.

sids
27-Feb-17, 08:18
A alcoholic ?

Turning up drunk is one of the few reliable ways to get sacked from certain well-known employers.

smithp
27-Feb-17, 09:34
Turning up drunk is one of the few reliable ways to get sacked from certain well-known employers.

What if you're a self employed George Best impersonator.

Goodfellers
27-Feb-17, 11:58
It's a shame you cant be 'sacked' from here. Especially if you are a know-it-all....know better than everyone else, zealous, preaching, anti farming...and just about anti everything else numpty. All hail the oracle that is ............... (insert name here) Anyone fancy a lettuce sandwich? I expect it would just be lettuce as no doubt bread is carcinogenic now.

Fulmar
27-Feb-17, 16:19
Certain Presidential positions, Zimbabwe and North Korea, for example and no doubt others could be added to the list.

mi16
27-Feb-17, 18:47

why can't a farmer be sacked
i know of a few farming folk that have been fired over the years

sids
27-Feb-17, 18:52
why can't a farmer be sacked[?]

Self-employed, I suppose.

mi16
27-Feb-17, 19:20
Self-employed, I suppose.

Not all of them are, many farms are owned by business and put farmers in to run the show for them as employees

mi16
27-Feb-17, 21:04
Plenty of sacked employees get new jobs too.

no one is suggesting differently

Fulmar
27-Feb-17, 22:47
Really glad we have such hard working and dedicated farmers and crofters in the far north, producing excellent produce and long may they continue to do so.

2little2late
28-Feb-17, 00:52
Tesco, if you are a manager.

Rheghead
28-Feb-17, 20:21
Premiership managers within a year of winning the Premiership.

mi16
28-Feb-17, 20:28
Premiership managers within a year of winning the Premiership.

Wrong again rheg
but why shouldn't he have got sacked, you are only as good as your last task and although he was excellent last season, form was far from good this season.

Rheghead
28-Feb-17, 21:15
Primeminister's press secretary.

sids
01-Mar-17, 13:23
Not all of them are, many farms are owned by business and put farmers in to run the show for them as employees

Sack them!

mi16
01-Mar-17, 16:56
Sack them!

Who would lift the tatties then?