PDA

View Full Version : Sink Problem

Rheghead
16-May-07, 10:01
There is a small thing that leaks under my bathroom sink which is attached to the U bend. There is a screwed top on it and it has a metal spiggot which moves in and out. I guess it may be a relief valve or something? Sometimes it leaks but it mostly doesn't. Does anyone know how to stop it permanently from leaking? :confused

Thanks in advance.:)

SandTiger
16-May-07, 10:09
If it's a leak from the threaded join then re-assembling and adding PTFE tape may help. Have you also checked for corroded rubber washers/rings?

rich62_uk
16-May-07, 10:22
If you get really stuck I will come and fix it, I have always wanted to have a look round your woods :lol: .

Rich....

Ricco
18-May-07, 18:19
Rheghead - what I would do is cut a square of decently strong plastic bag, undo the head of said item (turn the water off first, of course) and then screw it back on with the plastic covering the opening. Forms a nice seal.:D

johno
18-May-07, 19:04
get it dry and whack a bit of silicon on it, thats sure to stop it

scotsboy
18-May-07, 19:08
There is a small thing that leaks under my bathroom sink which is attached to the U bend. There is a screwed top on it and it has a metal spiggot which moves in and out. I guess it may be a relief valve or something? Sometimes it leaks but it mostly doesn't. Does anyone know how to stop it permanently from leaking? :confused

Thanks in advance.:)

I really thought this post was going to be about the reduced capacity of the southern oceans to capture C02 from the atmosphere, as reported after a 4 year study

plumber
19-May-07, 18:23
You could always call your local friendly plumber