PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

Dadie
15-May-07, 14:16
i was reading a magazine today and it had an article about headlice and nits being resistant to the lotions to kill them .... i now cant stop itching and stratching just the thought of them makes me itch... does anyone else do this??

ps i dont have them!!

lassieinfife
15-May-07, 14:19
aye .....now you got me started scratchin ................:confused

Victoria
15-May-07, 14:20
and me....!

Lavenderblue2
15-May-07, 14:50
I know what you mean - I used to work in a chemist shop and whenever anyone came in for lotion for head lice I had to steel myself not to scratch and embarrass the customer - it's just the very thought of it - we're all the same.

LB

Angela
15-May-07, 14:55
Ooh yes....just off to wash my hair again NOW! :eek:

Dadie
15-May-07, 15:10
yep i have just washed my hair too..."grin" im not the only one this effects

sharon
15-May-07, 18:55
forget wasting money on all that nitt creams and lotions when simple nitt comb and vinager does the trick!!! one hand typing now as the other one is too busy at the head[lol]

Dadie
16-May-07, 09:09
help cant look at this thread now without scratching.[lol]

tommy1979
28-May-07, 17:34
makes me think that i really need to do something about this crab infestation i have

stratman
28-May-07, 18:07
I found a bottle of Derbac shampoo for nits in my attic once. By the box it was in it looked like 1940s. It was 2% DDT!! You had to leave it on your head for an hour.

karia
28-May-07, 18:24
That should do the trick stratman!
Is it selective, or does it just blow the whole head off ?;)

Karia

karia
28-May-07, 18:29
...or maybe the ...Head & Shoulders!

sorry, like the urge to scratch..I couldn't resist :lol:

karia

jim112233
28-May-07, 18:40
Good old tricks are the best. 1st comb the hair out with conditioner and nit comb(getting rid of any nits n eggs. always comb throught wet hair once a week with comb and cond. Keep some tea tree oil and pop on to the Hair when dry right to the ends. The little s can't get onto the hair then.

obiron
28-May-07, 19:59
used stuff on the oldest and it didnt work so sat for ages with the comb every night till they were gone. check the kids often just to be on the safe side.
cant stop itching my head now.

rockchick
28-May-07, 20:09
slight change from the original thread...but tea tree oil and a nit comb appear to be the best combination I've found to fight this scourge! My daughter has long, thick, but fine hair - the worst to deal with nits! Tea tree oil really does appear to help tho.

mums angels
28-May-07, 20:29
i'm trying lyclear spray repelent at the moment ..hoping it works :D

johno
28-May-07, 21:42
oddly enough ive never ever had it, think your all getting paranoid [lol] [para]

Julia
28-May-07, 21:53
My eldest was unfortunate enough to have about 5 bouts of it last year, we have tried every nit product and gadget thinkable, the 'Nitty Gritty' comb is the best - www.nittygritty.co.uk.

The school nurse recommends leaving 'Dove' conditioner on the hair for two hours and then combing out, this has the exact same effect as over the counter products.

Shoving your kids hairbrush in the freezer overnight is also a good idea!

rockchick
29-May-07, 02:57
oddly enough ive never ever had it, think your all getting paranoid [lol] [para]

I'm definitely not paranoid when it comes to my daughter's nits and lice...she's not had them since she switched schools but before she switched she regularly had them! Couldn't get rid of them, just control them.

Julia - good idea regarding putting the hairbrush in the freezer - hadn't thought of that one.