PDA

View Full Version : Inapropriate behaviour

danc1ngwitch
15-May-07, 08:20
Inapropriate behaviour and Negativity from a single person of
Authority can stick with a Child for the rest of their lives.
We expect our children to try and be a little more independent
as they grow older, but what happens when a Professional person
degrades and demoralizes a child judging them before they have a chance
to proove themselves.
No one has the right to do this to any other fellow human.
As a mother i try hard to not be negitive around the children, But i
will not sit back and let any other be negitive either.
No Double standards let it be children or adults.
Give each child the equal opportunity they deserve.
Certain things don't wash well with me.
If there are 2 children and an adult wearing similar things
and one child gets severely reprimanded for it then would
you say this is FAIR. NO, no, no.
My rights are bla bla bla bla..
Your rights are bla bla bla.
Enough said afore i go to far. [evil]

brokencross
15-May-07, 08:26
danc1ngwitch, I am wondering if you got out the wrong side of the bed this morning. That is your right, bla, bla

danc1ngwitch
15-May-07, 08:30
danc1ngwitch, I am wondering if you got out the wrong side of the bed this morning. That is your right, bla, bla
ermmm wot bed:eek: lol

brokencross
15-May-07, 08:40
Re: negativity from someone in authority; I was in my last year at primary school in England (1964 ish) and the teacher, Mr Bellman, said I had absolutely no chance of passing my 11+ exam and he was wondering whether he would be "setting" me as a "D" or "E" for secondary school. I passed the 11+, but never ever forgot those negative vibes. I will never know if he was using a bit of psychology or what but I'm glad I proved him wrong.
Positive thinking, brings positive results.

danc1ngwitch
15-May-07, 08:54
Re: negativity from someone in authority; I was in my last year at primary school in England (1964 ish) and the teacher, Mr Bellman, said I had absolutely no chance of passing my 11+ exam and he was wondering whether he would be "setting" me as a "D" or "E" for secondary school. I passed the 11+, but never ever forgot those negative vibes. I will never know if he was using a bit of psychology or what but I'm glad I proved him wrong.
Positive thinking, brings positive results.
thank you for replying to this. See this is my point, children never forget and i am sorry this is happening all the time. I think i am a fair person, and all that i ask is people do their bests but for others to give them a chance to.
Some people's voices never get heard and so many need to. x

brokencross
15-May-07, 11:16
My wife works as a teaching assistant in a primary school and I am a governor at another primary school and at both schools praise and reward works wonders with the younger children and encourages them to work harder to achieve.
All aspects of the child's contribution to school life are monitored, whether it be academic, behavioural, treatment of others etc and they are always made to feel a valued part of the school. Obviously it doesn't work in all cases, but even the "naughty" ones are treated fairly and gently nudged back on track and not condemned out of hand.
Unfortunately, it shows when these praise and reward principles are not used at home.