PDA

View Full Version : Clydesdale Bank Thurso

embow
18-Jan-17, 21:46
Thurso branch one of many across Scotland facing closure.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-38669280
Also the long established independent Airdrie Savings Bank closing.
All in the name of modern life online digital business.
Such are the ways of modern early 21st century life.

mi16
19-Jan-17, 11:24
thats life, doesnt make good business sense to keep open unprofitable branches

poppett
19-Jan-17, 12:24
They were refurbished not long ago, had fancy new door to ease access for disabled people and mums with prams............and a brand new shiny cash machine. I have never ever walked in without having to wait in a queue, seems to always be busy. You can`t pay a cheque into online banking.....which doesn`t like me and keeps shutting me down and locking me out. Prefer the personal touch.

mi16
19-Jan-17, 12:35
They were refurbished not long ago, had fancy new door to ease access for disabled people and mums with prams............and a brand new shiny cash machine. I have never ever walked in without having to wait in a queue, seems to always be busy. You can`t pay a cheque into online banking.....which doesn`t like me and keeps shutting me down and locking me out. Prefer the personal touch.

You have several other options in the town though, vote with the loafers

Kodiak
19-Jan-17, 13:30
Now is the time to open a Online Bank Account. I did this quite a few years ago and it is great, The only thing I can't do is pay in Cheques or pay by cheque. I get my Pension paid in direct and I can pay in Cash and it is on my Account Instantly at the Post Office. You can get your wages paid in Direct or if you are on Benefits get them paid in Direct as well.

You can pay by Direct Debit, Standing Order, one off Payment by BACS or by a MasterCard Debit Card. You can also withdraw cash from any ATM, get an overdraft instantly or even borrow money with an Instant Decision. All Online.

You can go online and check your account that always with up to the minute information so you know exactly what your situation is. If you have a Direct Debit due and do not have sufficient funds then they will Text you and advise you of this so you can pay in funds at the post office or simply request a overdraft.

For me this was the perfect situation and I have never regretted changing to an Online Bank Account.

mi16
19-Jan-17, 13:55
Now is the time to open a Online Bank Account. I did this quite a few years ago and it is great, The only thing I can't do is pay in Cheques or pay by cheque. I get my Pension paid in direct and I can pay in Cash and it is on my Account Instantly at the Post Office. You can get your wages paid in Direct or if you are on Benefits get them paid in Direct as well.

You can pay by Direct Debit, Standing Order, one off Payment by BACS or by a MasterCard Debit Card. You can also withdraw cash from any ATM, get an overdraft instantly or even borrow money with an Instant Decision. All Online.

You can go online and check your account that always with up to the minute information so you know exactly what your situation is. If you have a Direct Debit due and do not have sufficient funds then they will Text you and advise you of this so you can pay in funds at the post office or simply request a overdraft.

For me this was the perfect situation and I have never regretted changing to an Online Bank Account.

its no great when BT leave you internetless for 6 weeks though

Kodiak
19-Jan-17, 14:03
I agree with that but at least with my account if that happens you can still operate your account by phone and as it is a 033 number it is a free call. :D

mi16
19-Jan-17, 14:20
cant argue with that then

Kevin Milkins
19-Jan-17, 15:29
One good thing about being always skint is you don't have to worry much about banks.

poppett
21-Jan-17, 21:04
I read the spiel about CB customers being able to use Post Office to pay in cheques etc., so asked about it this morning. Sadly the staff did not have a clue and at best would offer I could post the cheque to the bank.

It will be interesting to see which bank gets most new customers.

Bill Fernie
23-Jan-17, 17:19
The Post Office web site says they do accept cheques for payment into bank accounts
See http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-banking-services

Perhaps so few are using in rural areas staff have not got the knowledge of how to do it.

Maybe if more of us opened Post Office bank accounts and did business that way we might save more post offices.

More info at https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/news-advice/welcome-to-your-new-improved-thinkmoney-account-0-8347-0.htm

That was published in November so it maybe that not all staff are familiar with the new services.

poppett
25-Jan-17, 20:50
The letter out from the CB to customers of Thurso branch also says post office can be used as an alternative to visiting the branch. Obviously the left hand doesn`t know what the right hand is doing.