PDA

View Full Version : Portland arms

majic
15-Jan-17, 21:24
I thought the Portland was opening on the 9th of January

sjr014
15-Jan-17, 21:38
I thought the Portland was opening on the 9th of January

The rumour mill is that they are closed, hadn't been paying their staff. But this may not be true!

majic
15-Jan-17, 21:43
Maybe that true there web page has gone

dellah
17-Jan-17, 23:50
gone under I gather

Fran
18-Jan-17, 01:05
If this is true, that is such a shame

Shaggy
18-Jan-17, 13:21
That didn't last long but yes, staff (a friend of mine) were not being paid properly and in dribs and drabs only after begging for it so an inevitable and unsurprising outcome

The Horseman
18-Jan-17, 15:02
People who are due wages....
As many as people as possible should go to Wick to the Citizens Advice on High Street.
They will assist with attempting to get wages that are due....the more people that go the more power the individual has.
This should be done ASAP.
The official date of closing would likely be Jan 9th (how convenient), and it is now the 18th. Lots of time to 'decamp'.
PEOPLE.....go for it.

In addition....contact HIE and see what they say and also the the Owners of the Premises........one never knows what one will find out......perhaps there was a 'deposit' to the Owners in case of Damage etc......explore all options!

Just another thot...........If there is evidence that they planned not to open the Hotel on Jan 9th, and it was just a ploy to 'get their affairs' in order, Consider 'Fraud'!

Fran
19-Jan-17, 21:12
IT is definetly closed for good.it was in the paper.

majic
20-Jan-17, 22:18
Shame they put a lot of commitment in the place

mi16
20-Jan-17, 22:48
Shame they put a lot of commitment in the place

Shame they didnt pay their debts

Scout
21-Jan-17, 11:21
Shame they didnt pay their debts If they could pay their debts they would not of closed.

mi16
21-Jan-17, 11:55
If they could pay their debts they would not of closed.

thats true, I was referring to the staff wages rather than inter company debt.
Any business should ensure that they have the money available to pay their staff, if you dont have it then you should inform the staff member immediately and let them go.
Any other way is despicable.
Unless of course the owners put the staff in the picture and they were happy to proceed in lieu of payment.

The Horseman
28-Jan-17, 02:54
Went into bankruptcy/voluntary insolvency on Jan 12th 2017. Company number S0305610.
More info on Companieshouse.gov.uk....FYI....

Recycle it
28-Jan-17, 10:03
Did they get any HIE or other funding ?

Rigsby
28-Jan-17, 12:55
Shame they didnt pay their debts and their staff!

The Horseman
28-Jan-17, 13:51
HIE.....Go into their Web Site and search from say the middle of 2015 until end of 2016. The application could have been made well before they opened in Feb 2016.
You can view their closing down under Scottish Bankruptcies, or just Google their names. Scotland seems to be different than the UK site. The were supposed to open on Jan 9th and filed on Jan 12th 2017 so it was pre planned...
I had mentioned the Citizen's Advice Bureau. It was registered as a public Company, so they are likely covered from any personal debts. Their Solicitor is in Aberdeen....It all on the 'Net.

wicker
29-Jan-17, 09:48
God have they got weddings etc booked this year? Shame if they have as hazard a guess that a deposit would have been paid and wont see that again.
Shame as was always a popular busy hotel years ago.

Recycle it
29-Jan-17, 14:13
God have they got weddings etc booked this year? Shame if they have as hazard a guess that a deposit would have been paid and wont see that again.
Shame as was always a popular busy hotel years ago.

Rumour has it that the directors of the failed Portland are involved with the Old Nursing home at Forse and have approach HIE again for money ,contractor said its for £860,000. But it's like all rumours ,theres some truth in it somewhere or maybe NOT .

The Horseman
29-Jan-17, 16:41
Bankruptcy.....
Portlands to re open January 9th 2017....Usually notices have to be posted/served.

Meeting of Creditors on 19th January 2017
Winding up business on 24th January 2017.
Appointment of Liquidators 24th January 2017...
Creditors meeting held on January 26th at the Royal Highland Hotel, Inverness.

Quickest Bankruptcy since.... Wow.

Kevin John Ellis aged 55 years
Julia Mary BUDGE Ellis aged 47