PDA

View Full Version : George Michael

The Horseman
26-Dec-16, 17:07
The death of George Michael has saddened the World as he was a brilliant artiste, performer and generous donor to all causes.
The question which remains is......should he and other 'famous' people who lead a life of Drugs and Debauchery, be held up as Pillars of success.
The problem which is presently being discussed in some circles, is the danger of youth who seem to gravitate towards Rock Stars, and the dangerous lives they lead.
The Media of course profiles these deaths prominently as it sells their product, thus increasing revenue. The quote 'lead by example' is a dangerous one.
Thoughts......

badger
26-Dec-16, 18:33
Whatever what thinks of George Michael, and he seems to have led a very sad, troubled life in many ways, I am angry that the BBC and press here has concentrated almost entirely on him, with the BBC playing his songs, repeating tributes, and practically ignoring the deaths of 92 Russians which included the 60 strong Red Army Choir travelling to Syria on a goodwill mission. The Russian involvement in Syria has been shocking but did the death of one man really rate so much more than these 92? I am old enough to remember how popular this choir once was in the UK and expected at least part of their famous Kalinka song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-QVFJVut8 to be played. But no, nothing, they have received only the briefest mention. Odd priorities.

Wizzbang
26-Dec-16, 22:34
He's never going to dance again.

The Horseman
01-Jan-17, 17:40
After I wrote the initial post I have finished reading the book on Steven Jobs(Apple).
What an amazing man.
And he 'Did' LSD quite regularly and other drugs. Apparently some of his motivations/creations were after being on a 'Trip'.
So I suppose that it isn't all bad. Perhaps how the individual deals with it. And most didn't deal with it well.
I read Crayola posts on the 2016 deaths of stars and other submissions, and She(?) does seem to be quite accustomed to those people I speak of. And does seem to shadow some of them......A compliment!
Thoughts anyone?
And it is New Years day.....10 degrees below and bright, bright sunshine. Good start!

Rheghead
01-Jan-17, 18:07
The drugs angle is a peculiar one. When someone convinces me that a regulatory drugs industry could me more dangerous to health than the regulated alcohol industry then I might take notice.

The Horseman
01-Jan-17, 19:53
The Canadian Gov't is in the process of legalizing Marihuana.
We will be able to Grow '4 plants' for our own use. We are already going crazy on Medical Marihuana....it's a whole new World. We have been warned by other States and Countries to beware, but we are forging ahead.
Interesting that they are only now testing a Breathalyzer..... it is a changing World!

2little2late
06-Jan-17, 13:41
It was his last Christmas.

The Horseman
06-Jan-17, 15:01
His Last Xmas is agreed upon.
I wondered what the 49% of Americans is about?
I just Googled the above and it is described as a 'useless Statistic'.....'tongue in cheek'?

mi16
06-Jan-17, 16:28
His Last Xmas is agreed upon.
I wondered what the 49% of Americans is about?
I just Googled the above and it is described as a 'useless Statistic'.....'tongue in cheek'?

At least he had faith

The Horseman
06-Jan-17, 17:26
Who had faith?
Perhaps u cud elaborate?

mi16
06-Jan-17, 19:19
Whoosh.......

The Horseman
06-Jan-17, 20:01
Think I got ur drift... an album
Faith was one
Another was. I want your sex...comforting eh!