PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day!

Sporran
13-May-07, 20:11
I'd like to wish a very Happy Mother's Day to all our Orger Mums in the USA, Canada, Germany, Cyprus and Australia. Not forgetting our very own Canuck on Iona! Likewise to Orger Mums in other countries that celebrate on the second Sunday in May! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day#Mother.27s_Days_in_various_parts_of _the_world

I am having a lovely relaxing day at home, so far. Hubby bought me a dozen white roses, and cooked a delicious brunch. Our two sons bought me "The Queen" on DVD, so that was a nice surprise. I have yet to see the film, but am sure I'll love it, especially as Helen Mirren is one of my favourite actresses! This evening, our sons are treating us all to dinner at a new brewery restaurant in town - so that should be fun! :D

sweetpea
13-May-07, 21:06
i comitted a cardinal sin and forgot all about it!

footie chick
13-May-07, 21:27
I remembered all about it just so happened that it coincided with a nite out last night so I took a well deserved nite off today [lol]

brandy
13-May-07, 22:00
just called my mum and we wished each other happy mothers day !
*g* my family had just left after decorating her new kitchen as a mums day present for her!
she was well chuffed

Jeemag_USA
14-May-07, 04:15
Luckily my wife remembered all that for me :Razz

Thanks for the link, somebody told me their own version of how Mothers Day began, and I thought it didn't sound right, quite an interesting little history behind both the UK and USA Mothers days.

Sandra_B
14-May-07, 10:01
I got some brilliant pictures of my boys. They're so wonderful I wish I could share them.

I hope everyone had a lovely day.

Sporran
14-May-07, 16:56
I'd like to wish a very Happy Mother's Day to all our Orger Mums in the USA, Canada, Germany, Cyprus and Australia. Not forgetting our very own Canuck on Iona! Likewise to Orger Mums in other countries that celebrate on the second Sunday in May!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day#Mother.27s_Days_in_various_parts_of _the_world

I am having a lovely relaxing day at home, so far. Hubby bought me a dozen white roses, and cooked a delicious brunch. Our two sons bought me "The Queen" on DVD, so that was a nice surprise. I have yet to see the film, but am sure I'll love it, especially as Helen Mirren is one of my favourite actresses! This evening, our sons are treating us all to dinner at a new brewery restaurant in town - so that should be fun!

I'm happy to report that the meal last night was fantastic! Hubby and I both chose a grilled salmon dish, which was even better than anticipated. The beer was pretty good too! :D I was also given another present as we were waiting to be served - Michael Buble's newly released album "Call Me Irresponsible". It's the special edition with the extra track "L-O-V-E" ; a very catchy tune originally sung by Nat King Cole. I've been listening to the CD all morning - it's absolutely brilliant! :cool:

After returning home, we watched "The Queen" DVD. Enjoyed that too, but I was disappointed with the choice of actress playing the role of Queen Mother. In my opinion, Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth in "Keeping Up Appearances"), would have been ideal for the part. I think she somewhat resembles the Queen Mother, and could have emulated her charm and personality to better effect.