PDA

View Full Version : Feeding to poor around the World.

The Horseman
18-Dec-16, 00:12
This Xmas, rather than do the conventional for Xmas I donated money thru World Vision for the following......
One Lamb
One Piglet,
Two chickens and a Rooster.

This goes to some Poor Family in Africa, so that they can stay alive!

Bogbrush
19-Dec-16, 11:33
Every year brings another Africa Xmas charity fad. How much did this one cost you? A couple of years ago, it was goats that were all the rage. We were told there could be nothing better for deterring the Grim Reaper from the Grim Continent. Somebody changed their mind, obviously. Too low a margin on a goat?

The Horseman
19-Dec-16, 16:06
I agree there are scams around, but World Vision has been around for over 60 years.
Googled them and nothing detrimental I can see...
Anyway my donation....first time.... cost me $60 Can. Equal to £30.
And I know a Mother and Daughter who spent 3 Months with World Vision somewhere in Africa helping, so I feel it is worthwhile!
I do feel that poor people and children, should have a priority over animals and other such ventures.
I remember growing up very poor in Caithness...after the war....yes the 2nd World War, and receiving a home made bow and arrow, and an orange for Xmas..one the size of a small apple
It can be said...To each his/own!

Now...Haiti is another story...some of the Millions that was donated is still in Warehouses and is being sold by the Government...
I know Ian Orbell from Dunbeath is somewhere in Kenya and also helps children. So he is one with first hand knowledge.