PDA

View Full Version : Tendering

nikkinurse
13-Dec-16, 23:35
Can anyone help. Do you know the tendering for work process? Is it a legal process ?is it ok to tell one of the contractors the other contractors price

richardj
14-Dec-16, 05:04
If you and another contractor shared details to each other on the prices you were planning to tender it would be fraud. Fraud if discovered could be reported to the Police and if proven charges would be made. So while this practice does occur it is not recommended if you do not like prison food!

http://www.purchasing-procurement-center.com/tender-fraud.html

mi16
14-Dec-16, 11:59
Can anyone help. Do you know the tendering for work process? Is it a legal process ?is it ok to tell one of the contractors the other contractors price

If you as the client have divulged contractor A's price to contractor B then I am not sure about the legalities of it you will need to study contractors A's T&Cs.
But either way it is morally despicable.
Perhaps telling contractor B that he has lost the job because he was £500 to dear would be ok, but going to B and telling him what A tendered is bang out of order.

tootz
14-Dec-16, 12:47
You should have no reason to be discussing the price of contractor A with contractor B, Which ever contractor you choose to use just accept their quote. Discussing A's price with B is out of order!

mi16
14-Dec-16, 13:58
You should have no reason to be discussing the price of contractor A with contractor B, Which ever contractor you choose to use just accept their quote. Discussing A's price with B is out of order!

There is nothing wrong with telling B that he needs to sharpen his pencil and in turn doing so back to A in order to drive the price to as low as possible but actually disclosing the figures in poor form.
I think if that happened to me as contractor B, i would tell A what has happened.

I once awarded a job to a firm, was then asked for a debrief by the loser on why they didnt win the tender, so I told them that they were beaten by another contractor by circa £8.5k, the losing bidder said why didnt you tell me, I could have sorted something out with you?
He was told in no uncertain terms that it was not the way I was prepared to do business, provide the best price straight off the bat or you are onto a loser.

nikkinurse
14-Dec-16, 15:13
Thanks to all I was told this was following council guidelines. Thanks

Shaggy
14-Dec-16, 16:13
Well that would be rich if it were in the council guidelines what with all the overspend and waste of taxpayers money on all the overpriced and shoddy pieces built lately. if i were you i wouldn't be listening to your "advisor".