PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision...

Jeid
13-May-07, 01:44
Who watched it tonight?

We had it on tonight and Terry Wogan was superb. I had my doubts earlier in the night that it would be any good, but I was assured that the more drunk Wogan got, the better his banter would be. I wasn't disappointed.... well, I was disappointed that we scored, but I wasn't disappointed by Wogan. He was genius.

Gotta love the voting. I was getting pretty good at my point scoring guesses.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-07, 01:57
Who won it Jeid?

SNOWDOG
13-May-07, 08:07
Terry is about the only good thing on it now. As he more or less said himself its pretty much a fix nowadays with all the Baltic/Balkan states voting for each other. At least when the western european countries voted it was generally for musical merit, unfortunately there wasnt much of that around! :(

fender
13-May-07, 08:21
Got to agree that Mr Wogan makes this show worth watching. Snowdog you're not a Rush fan are you?

Jeid
13-May-07, 09:19
Serbia won it. Wogan kept going on about how she wasn't the most attractive girl in the world etc.

My other favourite was the girl in the green room during the Finland commercials. Terry said "Oh no, not her again... can we get the commercials instead please"

He was good.

MadPict
13-May-07, 09:40
Was he? His feigned disinterest/sarcasm is pathetic. The whole 'contest' is a farce and if it is so obvious that the votes are rigged, why bother? And please don't answer "It's all good fun" - it's not. It's utter, utter crap.......

Ash
13-May-07, 09:52
how obvious was it that we werent going to win i mean scooch! my god! how awful as for mr wogan i used to be a fan until i found out he gets paid loads to present children in need the money should go to the charity, why should he get paid for it! :mad:

WeeBurd
13-May-07, 10:24
I used to enjoy watching it for Wogan's comments too, but I have to say I found him quite tiresome last night, all the same quips recycled yet again. Maybe I'm just getting miserable in my old age[lol] !

Doolally
13-May-07, 12:05
I thought Terry Wogan was quite good and the only reason I left it on! I wasn't really watching it (honest!) just had it on in the background listening to his quips which did raise a chuckle or two.

percy toboggan
13-May-07, 17:05
I thought Wogan sounded jaded, and disillusioned with even his ide aof what this contest is all about. I like Terry's banter usually, and in past years he has made me laugh during Eurovision. THe whole thing though has now become so politically motivated , especially since all the Baslkan and former Soviet republics now have entries in their own right. The entertainment value last night was poor.

I personally think Britain should withdraw from this fiasco in future. Only those artistes starting out or in steep career decline can use the publicity of this no win farce. Leave this nonsense to those emerging nations to whom votes of any kind are still seen as a novelty.

stratman
13-May-07, 19:45
I thought Wogan sounded jaded, and disillusioned with even his ide aof what this contest is all about. I like Terry's banter usually, and in past years he has made me laugh during Eurovision. THe whole thing though has now become so politically motivated , especially since all the Baslkan and former Soviet republics now have entries in their own right. The entertainment value last night was poor.

I personally think Britain should withdraw from this fiasco in future. Only those artistes starting out or in steep career decline can use the publicity of this no win farce. Leave this nonsense to those emerging nations to whom votes of any kind are still seen as a novelty.

I was upset Dr who was not on!!

j4bberw0ck
13-May-07, 22:07
as for mr wogan i used to be a fan until i found out he gets paid loads to present children in need the money should go to the charity, why should he get paid for it! :mad:

I'd rather see Wogan earning money for doing it and raising serious cash, than having some unpaid nonentity doing it and raising half the amount....... Wogan IS Children in Need.

And just steering back to topic, I saw 5 minutes of Eurovision at about 1030pm and was glad to get away from the TV.

Whitewater
13-May-07, 22:37
This farce has overstayed its time. What a pile of rubbish, the sooner it goes the better.

North Rhins
13-May-07, 22:46
I had it on the radio whilst I ripped out the old bathroom. I had to turn it off eventually; it was spoiling the noise of the hammer drill.
It always amazes me how they can get so many words to fit in to so few musical notes, or in some cases, not.

JAWS
13-May-07, 22:50
Is it still going? I think the last time I watched it some song called, "Muppet on a Spring" or something won it!

It started in the days of black and white TV when it was a miracle of modern technology for telephone operatos to sit at switchboards and plug phone lines into different sockets to make connections between the various Countries' TV networks. If they got connected to the various Countries in time to get the scores then that was considered a huge success.

Now it's a dated as inviting the neighbours round to show off because you have got one of those marvellous new colour televisions.

The only exciting bit was seeing if Iceland ever got anything other than "Nil Point!"

SNOWDOG
14-May-07, 08:07
Got to agree that Mr Wogan makes this show worth watching. Snowdog you're not a Rush fan are you?
Yes, yes i am! :cool:

dunderheed
14-May-07, 08:33
personally speaking i'd rather watch eurovision every week than doctor who

*runs and hides*

Whitewater
14-May-07, 11:50
Ah man, I love "Doctor Who" have watched it since the first episode many many years ago. Complete rubbish I agree, but for me just great fun.

I like programmes and films that are absolute rubbish and nonsence, they manage to get the mind away from the everyday horrors of this world.

Phoenix200416
14-May-07, 12:58
I have to say I'm still humming the Ukrainian entry to myself. Thought it was pure genus!

Cattach
14-May-07, 13:57
Who watched it tonight?

We had it on tonight and Terry Wogan was superb. I had my doubts earlier in the night that it would be any good, but I was assured that the more drunk Wogan got, the better his banter would be. I wasn't disappointed.... well, I was disappointed that we scored, but I wasn't disappointed by Wogan. He was genius.

Gotta love the voting. I was getting pretty good at my point scoring guesses.

I thought the whole show was utter crap and that includes terry Wogan. What an apology for TV. I watched it out of curiosity and now I regret my wasted evening.

Ash
14-May-07, 14:05
[quote=j4bberw0ck;222995]I'd rather see Wogan earning money for doing it and raising serious cash, than having some unpaid nonentity doing it and raising half the amount....... Wogan IS Children in Need.

look at red nose day, wonderfully presented and no one got paid! made millions tho, a descent human being would ask for their fee to be donated!

my opinion

the nomad
14-May-07, 17:02
I thought the whole show was utter crap and that includes terry Wogan. What an apology for TV. I watched it out of curiosity and now I regret my wasted evening.

I'm with you on this one what a pile of rubbish and a complete fix. UK entry was appaulingly bad.

Jeid
14-May-07, 17:32
I'm with you on this one what a pile of rubbish and a complete fix. UK entry was appaulingly bad.

Much like your spelling ;)