PDA

View Full Version : Humax Freeview box

Liz
31-May-05, 22:04
Just wondering whether any of you have this make of box along with a DVD recorder?

I have a Humax F2-1001T and have been really happy with it until I bought a DVD recorder! When trying to record from Freeview a copywright message appears saying 'Copying of this material is not allowed. Cannot Record.' This was for an 'ordinary' programme not a film.

I contacted Humax who say it needs a software update to fix this problem and they want to take the box away to do this. I'm not happy about this at all as I don't see why I should have to do without Freeview when it isn't my fault! :roll:
I've got used to all the extra channels now and a far better picture.

So just wondered if any of you had similar problems and, if so, what was the outcome?

Ta!

Liz
:D

Bobinovich
31-May-05, 22:39
Hi Liz

A quick check of Humax' website indicates that the 1001T has an automatic software update feature!!!

I quote 'Software upgrade notices are posted periodically on the Internet homepage, and new versions can be updated through the automatic software upgrade service (OTA).'

Try checking hte manual to see if there's any info. on it - if not then contact Humax with the above information asking why the unit has to be returned if, according to their own website, it has the automatic upgrade function buit in!!

Ah, here we go... just visit http://www.humaxdigital.com/HCSA/softwareupgrade.asp and the information appears to be there on how to do it...

Hope it works :D

Liz
31-May-05, 23:54
Sorry I forgot to say that I already tried the Automatic Search for a software update and it said there was none available!

I went on another Forum for Humax Boxes and other people have this problem with copywright trying to record onto DVD.
Someone said I would need to keep plugging in and unplugging the unit to reboot it and with a bit of luck it would record!!!

I really don't know what to do as I have a new DVD recorder which I can't use! :roll:

I have contacted Humax again so will see what they say.

Liz

George Brims
01-Jun-05, 00:16
It could be that it's not a software update that's required, but a firmware upgrade. The firmware that's in there might be too old to take advantage of the current software.

Firmware usually has to be upgraded by either exchanging a chip, or taking it out and re-writing its contents then putting it back.

Liz
01-Jun-05, 13:06
Thanks George.

Humax are going to send me a replacement unit which has been upgraded so, hopefully, that will fix the problem. :roll:

Liz