PDA

View Full Version : getting a puppy

Ash
12-May-07, 22:27
:D so excited im getting a puppy at last on the 26th may travelling to aberdeen to get it though, but it will be worth it, its a golden cocker spaniel, will be 8weeks when we get it! cant wait

Solus
12-May-07, 22:30
cool :)

Who you getting it from, is it out in Newtonhill ?, i know some one out there that breeds cockers.

WeeBurd
12-May-07, 22:31
:D so excited im getting a puppy at last on the 26th may travelling to aberdeen to get it though, but it will be worth it, its a golden cocker spaniel, will be 8weeks when we get it! cant wait

Wonderful dogs, Ash, and great with kids! :D

Ash
12-May-07, 22:37
hey everyone, im getting it from a woman in inverurie she is such a nice woman, we have a 3year old so keeping it a secret! should be exciting x

changilass
12-May-07, 22:38
We got a newfie puppy 18 months ago, he was a tiny wee thing and frightened to be leaving his mum, so hubby sat in the back of the car with the puppy cuddling up to him for the journey from glasgow, he is now about 60kg but so gentle with our wee boy.

Ash
12-May-07, 22:40
aaauw thats lovely i cant wait, think im more excited, looking forward to it, i know it will be hard work but he is already toilet trained which is fab, struggling on names, wanna name it something silly i like muffin but other half aint to keen even though it will be me looking after him as he at work allday! :D

vwchick
12-May-07, 22:54
Hey, getting a new "baby" is so exciting and we are so envious!! We travelled to Lanarkshire for our Lhasa Apso and it was the best journey ever! We put her in a travel cage in the boot but felt so sorry for her that we let her sit on our knees and quite frankly it was gorgeous!! It is a great experience, totally enjoy.. x

lexie
13-May-07, 00:46
hope you have seen the parents of the pup Ash?...make sure you do...you should never buy a puppy without seeing either of the parents.....

and where its been brought up.... ?..Make sure you do before you buy him....

just so's you know hes ok!.... I don't mean to be sceptical...but you read about puppy farms and such...being an animal lover and the owner of a spaniel myself..... its just cos i care

j4bberw0ck
13-May-07, 01:04
so hubby sat in the back of the car with the puppy cuddling up to him for the journey from glasgow, he is now about 60kg but so gentle with our wee boy.

By 'eck, chuck......... is that the hubby or the pup who's 60kg? :lol::lol:

Weight loss plan #3,624 - get a puppy. Changi's hubby was only 60 kg when they got home!

changilass
13-May-07, 01:15
As hubby is an ex rugby player he will never get down to that weight, but the way the puppy is going he may end up heavier than hubby one of these days:lol: , like your thinking though lol. The great newfie diet lol

Just shows how easy it is to confuse what someone is saying when posting on the boards though.

j4bberw0ck
13-May-07, 01:35
ex rugby player

Yep, that's my excuse too :lol: . Tight-head prop, more often than not. Why couldn't I just have been 6ft 6? :roll:

Ash
13-May-07, 09:49
When we pick up the puppy we are seeing the parents, the women is lovely, i completely trust her, its only the second litter, she has the mummy and the daddy:D

Valerie Campbell
13-May-07, 11:53
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and they are brilliant with kids.

Wish
14-May-07, 17:16
Awww bet you can't wait:cool:

I have a cocker spaniel too, show type, I believe your little baby is from working lines, they are brilliant dogs, but need a lot of excerise, should keep you busy!

Looking forward to the pictures