PDA

View Full Version : Nw200

Solus
12-May-07, 12:18
Anyone who is a bike racing fan, here is a link to the NW200 live race coverage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6630000/newsid_6635500/6635589.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm

just a shame its not shown on tv over here !

emszxr
12-May-07, 18:18
my hubby is over there the now, he having a great time and he is actually seen some racing this year, ever year before they have got 'stuck' in a pub.

yeah the should put it on the telly instead of filling it with football and every other sport that includes balls

Solus
12-May-07, 18:26
Looks like they are getting decent weather, i watched a couple of races today, they dont mess about do they ? and some were hitting the 180 -190 mph down that straight, even the 250cc were knocking on for 140.

And as for tv coverage, very little if any, girlie round ball takes precidence !

emszxr
12-May-07, 18:38
i was at it a few years ago and was on the back straight and it is just great watching them fly down there.
makes me want to go out on my own bike

dunderheed
14-May-07, 07:53
i'm pretty sure that the north west 200 is shown on tv i remember watching it last year . however it wasn't live (think it might have been on men and motors on sky)

North Rhins
14-May-07, 23:14
Just watched NW 200 highlights on BBC Ulster. It makes the TT look positively tame. It was great to see Robert Dunlop still giving it the berries on the 125.:lol:

Boboowest
15-May-07, 13:39
I guess I'm getting old and slow as I now prefer the Manx TT. They "only" lap the 37.5 miles at average 120 ish mph, making 190mph just before Ramsey. Went to the NW200 a few years back and it was a whole lot of fun. The beer and crack was kinda good too. This June we will be looking at a 130mph lap at the IOM TT - For anyone who has ridden around the TT course they will know that there are not that many places you can do 130, let alone average it - truly amazing.
Where has all the hot sunshine biking bliss gone anyway? I got soaking wet on Sunday!

emszxr
15-May-07, 16:50
i love the mountain on the tt course. coming past the museum and down the hill pasts kates cottage. the tt is a brill week. the atmosphere is wonderful and i never seen any hassle from bikers when i was there, but i have never seen any hassle at any bike related event.
all this talk of biking, i am itching to get out on mine. hubby is gonna have to stay at home one night til i get out for a spin

Boboowest
15-May-07, 22:45
You’re so right. From the tram lines at the museum to Kate’s Cottage is the best and so fast it makes for a massive rush of adrenalin. The feeling when the front goes light on the drop just after Kate’s is amazing, that you just do it again and again. Then a pint at the Creg and just watch the traffic go by for a while. Only an enthusiast would understand.

Have you been in the museum for a coffee? If not do it next time, big mugs and wooden benches and plenty of crack and only £0.50 per mug.

Get him baby-sitting and enjoy the summer. If you see a Joey Dunlop replica helmet on your Caithness travels then give me a wave – that’s me giving it large!!!

emszxr
16-May-07, 08:44
yeh, ive been in the museum. dont drink coffee , but the crack is great in there on tt week anyway. and yes into the creg for a wee drinky watching them all trying to slow down enough coming down off the hill for the tight right hander and the creg.
what do you ride, i have a black zxr 400 and a carl foggerty lid, although an old one , i must get a new lid sometime. rubber side down.

Solus
16-May-07, 23:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0qkpc1tuh0&mode=related&search=

:)

Just to add to your itch emszxr, a good vid of this years event.............. great weather by the looks of it and they dont hang about do they !