PDA

View Full Version : Lost TV channels

badger
19-Nov-16, 19:40
Lost some of my favourite channels in past few days and can't get them back despite retuning, which just made things worse as now they've disappeared from the Guide. I only have plain old Freeview. Calling out Chessor is pretty expensive. Is there anyone else and has anyone else had this problem? I expect to lose some temporarily in bad weather but not like this.

Mr P Cannop
20-Nov-16, 09:10
are you in Thurso if so where about ??

Moonboots
20-Nov-16, 11:02
There are no problems on any of the transmitters in the Caithness area.
It has to be down to either your aerial has moved. If outside the wind might have shifted it slightly. If inside, maybe its been knocked or something.
Or its the connections/cable. Again if outside water may have got into the cable or connection. If indoors, the connections may have become loose.

Hope that helps.

badger
20-Nov-16, 19:41
Thanks. Yes it's been suggested cables might have moved. I have a roof aerial but didn't think recent winds nearly as strong as others in the past which have lost me channels temporarily. Freeview helpline confirm Rumster transmitter was OK. I can watch on my tablet but it's not the same - obviously ! Looks as if I'll have to cough up and pay. Life used to be so much simpler :~(

Moonboots
21-Nov-16, 09:28
Rain etc does eventually take its toll on the nuts and bolts as they begin to rust etc... This may have slackened the aerial and could of moved with the slightest of wind.

badger
21-Nov-16, 10:58
But why does it only affect the same few channels, mainly Freeview 10 and 20? I can always get BBC and many others. Does BBC have a stronger signal? Hate not understanding !
It does look as if I'll have to get the aerial checked.

davem
21-Nov-16, 17:54
bbc is the last signal to go, itv etc seems far more elusive. It only takes the aerial to shift a few degrees.

badger
21-Nov-16, 19:45
Looks like I'll have to call Chessors and get the aerial checked.

smithp
21-Nov-16, 22:55
My aeriel is connected to the metal curtain rail in the front room, works a treat.

badger
23-Nov-16, 18:43
Don't think that would work for me here! My last house was on a hill with inside aerial and much better but broadband was bad. Now I have good broadband but worse tv. That's life.
Have contacted Chessors now.

badger
28-Nov-16, 15:23
Have to say their man did a fantastic job and worth every penny. Even sorted a tv I thought permanently not right.