PDA

View Full Version : weekend madness?!

karia
11-May-07, 21:33
Just took a look at how many of us are on the org. right now!

Friday night. Peak viewing! Someones missing a trick!

I'm guessing that tommorow we'll all be watching the ol' eurovision
And Dr Who! (obviously!)

BUT..How many of us are waiting with baited breath for...Big Brother 2007 ?!

Yet...again ..another summer of abject..Boredom..! Twits in hottubs!:roll::roll:

Can hardly contain myself...!

Karia

scorrie
11-May-07, 22:21

And Dr Who! (obviously!)

Yet...again ..another summer of abject..Boredom..! Twits in hottubs!:roll::roll:

Karia

A good book is a terrific alternative. If half of the piddle that was put on telly was offered to you on stage of a weekend, you would "can" the artistes off in 2 minutes flat.

Eurovision? Urinevision more like!!

karia
11-May-07, 22:38
Couldnt agree more, scorrie,...what are you reading?
I just finished the award winning 'Half of a yellow sun" by chimamanda Ngozi
Adichie, which I found to be a bit 'worthy'..sorry!

Totally loving "black swan Green" by David Mitchell. Beautiful & funny insight into the mind of a teenage, stuttering poet!

Great reminder of childhood in Thatchers britain.

Ricco
12-May-07, 14:00

And Dr Who! (obviously!)

Yet...again ..another summer of abject..Boredom..! Twits in hottubs!

Karia

Er....

No,
No,
and no.

;)

Angela
12-May-07, 14:11
A good book is a terrific alternative. If half of the piddle that was put on telly was offered to you on stage of a weekend, you would "can" the artistes off in 2 minutes flat.

Eurovision? Urinevision more like!!

I certainly won't be watching it either.

I always have a book (or two) on the go, and a big pile waiting to be read. Our local library has a very good new online reservations system :D

Just finished "Restless" (William Boyd) and about to start "Burning Bright" (Tracy Chevalier). Neither particularly worthy or heavy, but not drivel either, both are good writers.

I'd really panic without a book. These days I often turn on the TV and, even with something I've planned to watch, find myself wandering off to do something else.

I know it's partly just me, but I find very little that I can actually sit down and concentrate on enough to watch from start to finish. [evil]

Gogglebox
12-May-07, 15:32

And Dr Who! (obviously!)

Karia

No Dr Who this week cos of that Eurovision farce
Pity as Dr Who is about the only decent programme on the telly these days and even it does not seem as good as last two series

Little wonder folk drink to pass the time!!!

the charlatans
12-May-07, 15:50
no Doctor Who tonight, the Eurovision Song Contest is on instead.

i think i'll read a book! still no internet access up at my new pad, the poles are there but we need a big thick cable attached to it. I've been through cold turkey with no Org for over a month now. I have resorted to calling people by their real names and not their user names!

and i also resorted to the dirty booze last night with my new neighbour. i fell off ma chair and then out of bed - twice. feeling rough today!

Aye, its all good fun until someone loses an eye.

(don't panic, its the Christopher Brookmyre book i'm reading!!!!)

karia
12-May-07, 16:47
Good Grief, your right!
No Dr Who...it's an outrage!:(
Have just broken the news to OH who is incandescent.

I'll be opening a bottle myself .

Skerries
12-May-07, 19:27
Me too. That was the only thing worth watching. I'm not watching the Eurovision! Now I'll have to find something more constructive to do. [disgust]

vwchick
12-May-07, 23:09
I'm sorry but terry giving it " steady girl steady, and, don't encourage the eejits at the back," makes my day. You have to have a laugh too. "Luckily" i am off work recovering from an op and for the first time in many years have been able to listen to the eurovision song contest. Cheesy, yes. An escape perhaps, however trivial, from the reality of the horrors of the world just now.

scorrie
13-May-07, 15:48
Couldnt agree more, scorrie,...what are you reading?
I just finished the award winning 'Half of a yellow sun" by chimamanda Ngozi
Adichie, which I found to be a bit 'worthy'..sorry!

Totally loving "black swan Green" by David Mitchell. Beautiful & funny insight into the mind of a teenage, stuttering poet!

Great reminder of childhood in Thatchers britain.

I am just about to start on the first 10 volumes of Patrick O' Brian's "Master and Commander series. Managed to pick them up for just £10 from the Book People. My wife read them first and has convinced me that they are an excellent read.

Judging by the guffaws, there is a fair bit of humour contained in these novels.

Here is one section that set my wife off rather heartily:-

"a broad veranda with a number of domesticated creatures on it, marmosets of three different kinds, and old bald toucan, a row of sleepy parrots, something hairy in the background that might have been a sloth or an anteater or even a doormat but that it farted from time to time, looking round censoriously on each occasion"

horseman
13-May-07, 21:39
I am just about to start on the first 10 volumes of Patrick O' Brian's "Master and Commander series. Managed to pick them up for just £10 from the Book People. My wife read them first and has convinced me that they are an excellent read.

Judging by the guffaws, there is a fair bit of humour contained in these novels.

Here is one section that set my wife off rather heartily:-

"a broad veranda with a number of domesticated creatures on it, marmosets of three different kinds, and old bald toucan, a row of sleepy parrots, something hairy in the background that might have been a sloth or an anteater or even a doormat but that it farted from time to time, looking round censoriously on each occasion"
Besides having one ot the best names on the org! You are just about to embark on the best literary thrill of your life...:D

dunderheed
14-May-07, 08:19
just finished "mad dog" by johnny adair and have now started "the quest" by wilbur smith
im not sure if this one will be as good as the other"taitia" books

karia
14-May-07, 21:20
agree with horseman.
enjoy! and we'll see you in a while..! :)