PDA

View Full Version : support a local author

katarina
12-Nov-16, 11:34
A new anthology by Caithness Writers will soon be hitting the shelves along with a couple of novels written by local talent.
'Scarred' by Margaret Mackay almost ready, soon to be followed by 'Flights of Fantasy,' by Caithness Writers, and 'Returning' by Sharon Pottinger. 'Isa's Daughter' by Catherine Byrne is available now.

Get the kindle version of Isa's Daughter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Isas-Daught...sap_bc?ie=UTF8
or buy the book to keep forever from the following outlets, Rumbling Tum, Lochshell, Wick, Groat office Wick, Dempster Street Gift Shop, Wick, Katrina's Lybster. Signings in John O'groats new Christmas shop this Saturday, Wick Library on Friday 18th, Bower Fayre, 20th, Thurso library Friday 25th, Thurso craft fayre, Caithness Horizons 3rd December. Thereafter (hopefully) on sale from Caithness Horizons. Or order from your local bookstore where ever you are in the UK.

mi16
12-Nov-16, 13:53
I can reccomend Knuckledragger by Scott Taylor
a really amusing book full of tales of a careen spent as a bouncer and other amusing anecdotes
Available on kindle

onespace
12-Nov-16, 13:58
The Raumsey stuff by Byrne is really shallow and drawn out - Molly Weir meets Mills & Boon. Can't believe they're trotting out another one.

theone
12-Nov-16, 15:05
Cop of the north by Robbie Sutherland is worth a read.

Partan
12-Nov-16, 18:55
Having never read any Molly Weir or Mills & Boon, I must concede you have an advantage over me. I have, however, read all the Raumsey books. As a native of Caithness with a fishing background I find the novels evocative and true to life.

Partan

onespace
12-Nov-16, 20:08
I can reccomend Knuckledragger by Scott Taylor

It was rather far fetched but I liked his online character BuckTooth MacaToot (search it on YouTube) - he should have done more with the purely fictional like that.

mi16
12-Nov-16, 21:37
It was rather far fetched but I liked his online character BuckTooth MacaToot (search it on YouTube) - he should have done more with the purely fictional like that.

TBH I think it was all genuine anecdotes, heard many of them recalled on DHB
the "wobbly willy" about the Elgin gloryhole is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard